Latest post Fri, Jun 22 2018 9:48 PM by Marianna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 20 2018 8:51 AM

Audio Metadata missing on import

Hello all,

Hopefully someone may be able to assist with this one. I'm currently on a feature production and the sound recordist switched from using a 788T recorder (for on set scnes) to a Zoom F8 (for location scenes). Everything was working fine until the switch but now when I import the audio rushes there is no metadata at all. No Tape, Scene, Take, Track names. All missing. The only thing i get is File Name (obviously) and TC. I've checked the files in Wave Agent and all the data is there as it should be. I've even compared the 788T files to the F8 files in Wave Agent and there is no discernable difference in metadata.

I tried three different import methods : File>Import,; Source Browser; Drag&Drop from Finder - but all of these produced the same result - no metadata!

I thought i had found a work around - AMA link to the clips and transcode. By doing this the metadata is all present and correct - so i presume the fault lays somehow/somewhere in the direct import method for MC? The problem with this workaround though is i no longer have the ability to Perf Slip as "The clip was not digitized with audio rate addressing". Which is a pain for obvious reasons.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any similar expereince with audio recorded on Zoom products?

Many Thanks

Tommy

OS 10.11.6 and MC version 2018.4.0

iMac 5K OS 10.11.6MC ver 2018.4.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 20 2018 6:41 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,236
    • Points 39,250

Re: Audio Metadata missing on import

This is probably a stupid idea, but what about saving a version in Wave Agent to see if "washing" it does any good?

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Thu, Jun 21 2018 7:49 AM In reply to

Hey Jef, 

Thanks for the suggestion but yes i've tried it and to no avail. I've since tried to import direct from the SD card as well as tried different formats (OMF, WAV, MXF) and no luck here either.

• Thu, Jun 21 2018 4:57 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,236
    • Points 39,250

I am still running 8.5.3.  Would you like me to check a file on that version?

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Thu, Jun 21 2018 9:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,375
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

What Zoom product exactly and version.  Possible to send a file or 2 so I can test it for you?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Jun 22 2018 8:59 AM In reply to

Zoom F8 with firmware version 4.10.

Happy to send a couple of files. How should i go about doing that Marianna? Is emailing a dropbox link okay?

Thanks all

• Fri, Jun 22 2018 9:48 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,375
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Tommy

I created a case and have support checking...  Case # 03498411.  

Happy to send a couple of files. How should i go about doing that Marianna? Is emailing a dropbox link okay?" 

Please respond back with the above message to the case.  I added myself to it so I can follow and try too

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller