Latest post Tue, Jun 12 2018 2:23 PM by Rory T. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 12 2018 2:23 PM

• Rory T
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 7
    • Points 75

Avid Media/Project Workflow Question

Historically I had always followed the practice to keep the media and the project on separate drives.  I assume this was for performance and security reasons.  I would have had the project mirrored too.  But now with modern nexis shared storage is this still the case.  I can control the read/write permissions to the media workspaces but then every one has access to the projects workspace.  There is an obvious security flaw here.

So my question is, what would the best practice be?  a) create a separate project workspace for every media workspace i.e. XYZ_Project and XYZ_Media or b) create one workspace XYZ and save the project and media there.  This shouldn't be a speed issue as they are essentially virtual workspaces on the nexis but I feel this could be very problematic with people fault finding and/or deleting the wrong thing.  Do people still work to one project workspace with all the projects on it?

Regards,

Rory

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller