Latest post Sat, Jun 16 2018 9:01 AM by cryptoshane. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 12 2018 1:04 AM

HEVC (iPhone X) @ 240fps

Trying to make some works in 240fps slomotion, to AMA link into Avid etc to keep the frame rate.  Can't link or import at the moment, is anyone else using iPhone X or Gopro 6 H.265 footage in Avid, and if so, how.....?

• Thu, Jun 14 2018 9:12 AM In reply to

• Obscure
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 23 2018
    • Posts 16
    • Points 220

Re: HEVC (iPhone X) @ 240fps

I would suggest that you use Adobe Media Encoder to make an intermediate file - make sure your system is connected to the internet when you first import the file as it will need to activate a license! Avid does not (yet) decode h.265 material but hopefully this will come out soon!

I also belive that Resolve may decode h.265 material but I have not tested this myself and I do not know if the Studio license is required.

• Sat, Jun 16 2018 9:01 AM In reply to

Re: HEVC (iPhone X) @ 240fps

Thanks, Media Encoder doesn't do a bad job, but sometimes the footage is just green!  I've been testing, and the best I can come up with is FCPX, set to automatic time adjustment, which mpas the 240fps to 25fps and export as ProRes.  

Having said that, unless I am shooting in bright daylight the quality is pretty poor... I'm trying to track down some gopro 6 footage to see if it is any better.  To be continued.......

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller