Latest post Sun, May 27 2018 3:29 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 26 2018 12:10 AM

Inconsistent copying keyframes in 3d warp effect

I am having a hard time getting all the keyframes from one 3d warp effect to copy and paste into another.

Both clips are exactly the same length.

Following the usual CrtlA (Cmd A) and Ctrl C (Cmd C) and then Ctrl V (Cmd V), the first set of keyframes comes over with its values, and placeholders are put where the other keyframes should be, but the values for the other sets of keyframes do not change.

I have to manually copy each position set of keyframes to the equivalent in the other clip....that can't be right.

I can put a simple effect like resize on and all the keyframes come over with values.

This is on both PC and Mac machines...both running 2018.5.

What am I missing?

thank you.

• Sat, May 26 2018 4:34 AM In reply to

Re: Inconsistent copying keyframes in 3d warp effect

Robert Martindale:
    Following the usual CrtlA (Cmd A) and Ctrl C (Cmd C) and then Ctrl V (Cmd V), the first set of keyframes comes over with its values, and placeholders are put where the other keyframes should be, but the values for the other sets of keyframes do not change.

What happens if you try this instead:

1. In Effects Mode, drag the 3d Warp icon from the top left of the Effect Editor to a bin.

2. Drag the 3d Warp effect you copied in step 1 to the clip you want to apply the same parameters to.

That should copy all the keyframe values from the first clip to the second.

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, May 27 2018 2:47 AM In reply to

Very nice result with 3d warp.  Thank you for that!

Now, as to the similar behavior in a 3d matte....unfortunately, I can't see a way to replace the matte key already there with another matte key effect with the keyframes.

I tried it and nothing changed on the clip.

• Sun, May 27 2018 6:56 AM In reply to

If you've got a bunch of keyframes you want to copy from one matte key to another, try the same technique as I described above, but ALT+drag the effect from the effect editor to the bin. When it appears in the bin, the matte key should have the words "(without Src)" added to its name, and when you drag it to another matte key effect in the sequence, the keyframes from matte key 1 should copy to matte key 2.

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sun, May 27 2018 1:43 PM In reply to

Dude!

Thank you.  This works like a charm.

• Sun, May 27 2018 3:09 PM In reply to

camoscato:
    If you've got a bunch of keyframes you want to copy from one matte key to another, try the same technique as I described above, but ALT+drag the effect from the effect editor to the bin.

All these years, I never knew about this.   A great timesaver!   Thanks for posting.

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Sun, May 27 2018 3:29 PM In reply to

Terry Snyder:

camoscato:
    If you've got a bunch of keyframes you want to copy from one matte key to another, try the same technique as I described above, but ALT+drag the effect from the effect editor to the bin.

All these years, I never knew about this.   A great timesaver!   Thanks for posting.

Robert Martindale:

Dude!

Thank you.  This works like a charm.

You're both welcome!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller