Latest post Fri, May 25 2018 9:42 PM by jwhitwell. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 25 2018 2:42 AM

• jwhitwell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 25 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

New/first install of MC First today; won't launch.

Goes through a period of initializing various plug-ins, gets to a different point on each attempt (sometimes farther in the list, sometimes less), but multiple attempts all result in it just closing without ever actually launching the program.  Have tried launching directly and via app manager, same result.

Suggestions?  Thanks.

mac OS 10.12.4 on an iMac 27" 3.2ghz i5 with 8gb ram and AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048mb [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 25 2018 5:54 AM In reply to

Re: New/first install of MC First today; won't launch.

Hiya, It would help to know more about the system you're working on.  Which version of Media Composer are you running?  Which specific OS? What processor? What video card? How much RAM? Where is your media stored? 

If you edit your user profile, you can add this information so you don't have to type it all the time.  (Look at the bottom of this post for an example.)

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, May 25 2018 12:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Please do as Carl suggested for your specifications....

sounds like a plug in issue where if you drag the plug-in folder to the desktop, does it launch?  need your OS to tell you where that actually is if you cant find it

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, May 25 2018 7:52 PM In reply to

• jwhitwell
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Ok, profile updated, but the info is here:

mac OS 10.12.4 on an iMac 27" 3.2ghz i5 with 8gb ram and AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048mb

Literally downloaded and installed current version of Media Composer First yesterday (2018-5 - it has never successfully launched.  Not sure where the plug-in folder is (just looked), sorry.

Am a long-time ProTools user, having no troubles with it.  Thanks!

mac OS 10.12.4 on an iMac 27" 3.2ghz i5 with 8gb ram and AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048mb [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 25 2018 8:37 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,703
    • Points 18,755
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

i5 is not qualified. however,it's not the issue here. Like Marianna said move the plugins check this FAQ.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 25 2018 9:42 PM In reply to

• jwhitwell
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

I did move the plug-in folder and it launches, thanks.  Now I just have to figure out which plug-ins I can put back in to get my normal usage out of one Avid product so that the second Avid product will work.

That seems a bit... odd.  :)

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller