Latest post Wed, May 23 2018 1:09 PM by jkalbfleisch. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 17 2018 6:20 PM

Cannot find module 'object-merge'

There seems to be a problem finding modules in the static-example

"npm install" installs a bunch of stuff. and seems to work fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\JEFFS_STUFF\CloudUXExample\MediaCentral_UI_Toolkit_v2.6-2.8\examples\static-plugin-example>npm --version

C:\JEFFS_STUFF\CloudUXExample\MediaCentral_UI_Toolkit_v2.6-2.8\examples\static-plugin-example>gulp --version
    [14:16:09] CLI version 3.9.1
    [14:16:09] Local version 3.9.1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but gulp webpack fails. It workls if I comment out the line

require('avid-mcux-page-objects').launchTest(gulp);

from my gulpfile.js file

So its definitly having trouble loading avid stuff.

Also both commands work fine for me if I load the other example "minimalistic-plugin-example" which I think points to something in the avid libraries?

C:\JEFFS_STUFF\CloudUXExample\MediaCentral_UI_Toolkit_v2.6-2.8\examples\static-plugin-example>gulp webpack
    module.js:472
        throw err;
        ^

Error: Cannot find module 'object-merge'
        at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:470:15)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:418:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:498:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
        at Object.<anonymous> (C:\JEFFS_STUFF\CloudUXExample\MediaCentral_UI_Toolkit_v2.6-2.8\avid-modules\avid-mcux-mocha-docker-wrapper\lib\index.js:7:21)
        at Module._compile (module.js:571:32)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:488:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:447:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:439:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:498:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
        at Object.<anonymous> (C:\JEFFS_STUFF\CloudUXExample\MediaCentral_UI_Toolkit_v2.6-2.8\avid-modules\avid-mcux-page-objects\src\gulp-tasks\test.js:9:16)
        at Module._compile (module.js:571:32)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:580:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:488:32)

C:\JEFFS_STUFF\CloudUXExample\MediaCentral_UI_Toolkit_v2.6-2.8\examples\static-plugin-example>

• Thu, May 17 2018 7:33 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,365
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Cannot find module 'object-merge'

• Fri, May 18 2018 7:12 PM In reply to

When I get to the point that I am loading my app locally for testing I seem to be missing the Panes Menu refered to in the developer welcome pages? it seems like it should be a menu icon in the upper right corner beside the user profile icon.

• Mon, May 21 2018 10:13 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 190
    • Points 2,365
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Could you please post a screenshot of the reference you're talking about and the page you see? It may be that we need to update that welcome page.

Thanks

• Wed, May 23 2018 1:09 PM In reply to

It's the smily face icon. It seems like I have to build and copy the app to the cloudUX server before it will show. If I follow the section of the docs that is about starting in VSCode and connecting to local host that icon was not showing. But Once I copied it to the avid folder /opt/avid/share/nginx/nux/plugins (Also not listed on that page, I had to do a find on the server for *.js) the icon showed up. But it seems like from the docs that when I run it locally and connect to https://localhost:8080 it should show. (Note that it shows here in this image because I have the app loaded to the plugins folder.)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller