Latest post Tue, May 22 2018 8:26 AM by luca.mg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 17 2018 1:18 PM

• chfarmer89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 17 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Autosync to masterclips instead of subclips?

Hi all. Assisting in Avid for an editor that has requested subclips of synced picture/audio with the production audio to be reduced to 2 tracks (down from 6 total tracks). That subclip has to be able to match frame back to the masterclip (with all original 6 audio tracks synced to the masterclip). DIT has already made my MXF masterclips, outside of Avid, without any audio synced in. Autosync in Avid only creates subclips, it doesn't update the master clips. Do I have to autosync in avid, transcode those subclips to new masterclips, then bring those in and subclip from there? Or sound sync in an entirely different program and then re-transcode to MXF? Is there something I'm missing here?

• Tue, May 22 2018 8:26 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,292
    • Points 62,085

Re: Autosync to masterclips instead of subclips?

Hi chfarmer89 and welcome to the forums. If You lay down Your video clip to a sequence named after the scene number, than lay down the audio clip desired two tracks in sync and apply autosync to the sequence in the bin, You should end up with two audio tracks sync clips that will match frame back to the original six tracks audio clip. You can even lay down all Your audio and video clips to a single sequence, subclip (subsequence), rename the sequences after the scene number, and autosync. For this to work You'll have to have subsequences with audio and video of the same length, so cut any exceeding stuff, both at head and tail, whether audio or video, if either one is shorter/longer than the other (quite likely). Not in front of a system to double check right now, but it used to work this way, and I hope it still does.

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller