Latest post Wed, Aug 8 2018 8:12 PM by William Visser. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 26 2018 8:41 AM

• William Visser
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2018
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Can't play popup window from timeline record mode

Hey,

For quickly switching between multiple sequences, I use multiple pop-up windows. The problem is, when I toggle source/record mode in the timeline, I cant play them!

Is there an setting for this of which I dont know?

I tested it on a windows and a mac with the latest avid media composer version and version 8.8, but it doesn't work in any of them!

Primary: - Intel i7 8700 4.8ghz 6 cores/12 threads - 32gb ddr4 2400mhz Corsair Vengance Ram - 256GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 4TB Seagate Barracuda (Intel) RAID0... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Sat, Apr 28 2018 9:12 AM In reply to

Re: Can't play popup window from timeline record mode

William Visser:
    I tested it on a windows and a mac with the latest avid media composer version and version 8.8, but it doesn't work in any of them!

Is this something that worked in previous versions and now doesn't, or is it something that you'd like to have but aren't sure if it's possible?

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Apr 28 2018 11:45 AM In reply to

• William Visser
    • Not Ranked
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Well, I don't remember it working, but if I can scrub through a timeline of the sequence/footage loaded into that pop-up monitor, it just seems logical that you should be able to play from the timeline as well right?

Primary: - Intel i7 8700 4.8ghz 6 cores/12 threads - 32gb ddr4 2400mhz Corsair Vengance Ram - 256GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 4TB Seagate Barracuda (Intel) RAID0... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 29 2018 9:40 AM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 900
    • Points 11,525

I have tested this on a Windows 10 workstation with latest MC-Version, and it worked as expected. I changed the bin settings to open clips/sequences in a seperate pop-up window, after having loaded one sequence into the record monitor. I can now play either the sequence loaded in the record window or any of the pop-up windows loaded with seperate aequences. My timeline shows only the sequennce loaded into the record monitor. 

After a sequence was loaded into the pop-up window, I can draw/drag it to the record monitor as well. I can then select the timeline I wish to see, and play any sequence from either pop-up window or record window.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 1:09 PM In reply to

• Sion Roberts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2011
    • Manchester
    • Posts 28
    • Points 370

Im finding the same issue as the OP - I think this did work ok for me at some point in the distant past but hasn't in the last few releases as far as I can remember.

If I load a clip (or sequence) into a pop-up and I navigate around it in the source timeline tool, Im unable to play, mark in/out or splice into the record side.

You can however perform these actions by scrubbing the play bar within the pop-up window itself, but this is obviously a bit cumbersome in an editing situation.

Its consistent across the two machines I have access to but It would be good to verify this with other users... I think it's a bug worth reporting!

Cheers

HP Z820 Intel Zeon CPU E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000. Windows 10 Pro, Avid Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 8 2018 7:55 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,478
    • Points 208,740
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

William

Can you PM me your email address associated with your MyAvid and your system ID so I can get a case going?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 8:12 PM In reply to

• William Visser
    • Not Ranked
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Done!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller