Latest post Tue, Apr 24 2018 3:55 PM by AbdoA. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 24 2018 8:27 AM

• AbdoA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 14 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Timelaspe Import. Moving Tripod

Hello,

I have a serie of 5D JPEG images that i want to import to create a timelapse.

The photographer moved hes camera at every shot to create a certain effect. While importing them using the "Autodetect Sequentially-Numbered Files" its created the timeplase ...

But i feel the jump cuts. how can i morph the movement to create a smooth sequence?

• Tue, Apr 24 2018 3:15 PM In reply to

Re: Timelaspe Import. Moving Tripod

AbdoA:

Hello,

I have a serie of 5D JPEG images that i want to import to create a timelapse.

The photographer moved hes camera at every shot to create a certain effect. While importing them using the "Autodetect Sequentially-Numbered Files" its created the timeplase ...

But i feel the jump cuts. how can i morph the movement to create a smooth sequence?

This is a great question. I believe you can, using a combination of MC tools.

Take a look at this thread, and see post by daapap:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/31797/176503.aspx#176503

I'm pretty sure that since Fluid Morph is a transition FX, you can apply the effect on a Sequence to all clip/edits from In to Out.

* You may need to create a bin called Quick Transitions and place your pre-tested Fluid Morph FX in there. Your custom Morph FX will then show up in the Quick Dissolve tool's drop-down menu and IF you have an In and Out on the Timeline, you should see an option box that  says : Apply To All Transitions (In > Out)

(Maybe you can do that without the above tip, but I don't know how)

I believe that there is a minimum handle length required to properly use the Fluid Morph, so you probably will want to experiment with how many frames per 5D file you request using the console command cmd_setImportSlideLength described in the above link.

My guess is you need 3 frames per file, minimum.

So you would be bringing your files in as normal, single master clips at the frame count of your choice. Then make a sequence and apply the morph. (I recently checked and saw that the Sequential File Import seems to remain at 1 frame per file, too bad!)

**** An easier faster way for you may be this: Bring in your files at 4 frames apiece, make a sequence, DO A VIDEO MIXDOWN, and then apply a Timewarp  Fluid motion FX, set to 400% speed-up. That might look the same or better--- I don't know. The downsaide is that you would have less control if one trnsition looked funky.

Have fun!

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 24 2018 3:55 PM In reply to

• AbdoA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 14 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Timelaspe Import. Moving Tripod

Well Thank you a lot Telegram!

But the idea of applying a fluid morph is maybe too damaging for the cuts :P and i should create handles to the JPEG images so i can apply the Fluid Morph to them all. That's another issue. I'll just try to fix this, video mixdown the sequence and apply a timewrap. If the result is as expected i'll let you know :)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller