Latest post Mon, Feb 19 2018 11:21 AM by luca.mg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 17 2018 8:31 AM

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 4 2015
    • Posts 33
    • Points 465

Supported Latest Windows Update for Avid Instinct and Interplay and iNews

Hello All,

I am hoping that if anyone can help me with this project, I am assigned a task to find out about the Latest support windows KB'S ,( avid Approved ) which i can install over my Avid Newsroom clients.

these are the application and the version running on the newsroom clients.

Avid iNews Instinct                                        6.2.2

Avid Interplay Access                                    3.2.0.45835

Avid Interplay Client Update P3.2.3          3.2.3.45841

Avid Isis Client                                                4.7.11.16275

Avid Service Framework                               1.8.0.40

Avid System Diagnostic Tool                       2.9.2730

iNews 4.2.0.16                                                4.2.0.16

since you all are aware of the security risk in the IT network. our clinets was not updated sinces few years, it will be really helpful to have some hints

thank you in advances,

• Mon, Feb 19 2018 10:27 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,284
    • Points 61,985

Re: Supported Latest Windows Update for Avid Instinct and Interplay and iNews

Which OS are You on? You should search the Avid knowledge base for information on unsupported Windows updates. I'm pretty sure that the MSE can be safely updated, other updates may bring issues, the safest bet is to create a Windows restore point before updating, if anything goes wrong You can always step back. HTH

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Feb 19 2018 10:57 AM In reply to

• SJ04
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 4 2015
    • Posts 33
    • Points 465

Hello Luca.mg,

thank you for your time,

we are currently on windows 7.

I rasied this question here becasue on of the guy who support us told me that if we run any windows client with new windows update, it will break the whole interplay server frame work.

i personally dont think this way, but still just want to make sure beofre i perform any action.

• Mon, Feb 19 2018 11:21 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,284
    • Points 61,985

Yep You'll have to do some reading over the Avid knowledge base before making decisions. As stated: You could safely update the MSE (if present), and might try the other updates creating a Windows restore point first. If it was my systems I'd go to the knowledge base before damaging a working environment.

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller