Latest post Wed, Feb 7 2018 12:51 PM by Simon_h. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 2 2018 11:28 PM

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 63
    • Points 840

How do I permanently set Phrasefind's default language to English?

When I open Phrasefind maybe halfway through a project, I find that it is stuck on "Choose Language".   I then choose English and it starts to index the project and of course I have to wait for this to complete before I can then try the search again.

Since I only use English, it would be much more useful for it to default to English, so projects are indexed automatically in the background from the start of the project, like they're supposed to.  

I don't have any other languages activated, but they are there on the dropdown list.  Maybe if there was a way I could delete these it might help.

If anyone knows the answer to this, I'd be very grateful to hear.

AVID 2018.7 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 7, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. Sorenson 8.5 and After... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Sat, Feb 3 2018 2:09 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,732
    • Points 19,070
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: How do I permanently set Phrasefind's default language to English?

Hi Simon_h,

I'm no expert with this matter, did you happen to install the language packs? Uninstalling this might remove the option to select the language? Not a very good advised but it's worth checking.

Goodluck,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 5 2018 1:32 AM In reply to

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 63
    • Points 840

Thanks Ralph.  I did wonder about this, but I don't seem to be able to find somewhere to uninstall them.  They are not mentioned on the Application Manager and they aren't in the Windows uninstall system.  Any other suggestions?

AVID 2018.7 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 7, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. Sorenson 8.5 and After... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 5 2018 3:32 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Simon

I believe the only way to uninstall is to uninstall the MC app.  Then reinstall it and activate Phrasefind which will automatically use English.  If you need other packs for other languages you would need to install them.  

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Feb 7 2018 12:51 PM In reply to

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 63
    • Points 840

Thanks Marianna.  That seems to have done the job.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller