Latest post Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:30 PM by Obscure. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 24 2018 9:42 PM

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 63
    • Points 860

Force sequence to read a new version of sound?

Hi,

I'm editing a live performance from multiple angles. I'm at fine cut stage and up to this point I've been editing with the unmixed audio. The sound mixer has just provided me with the final mixed version that I need to add to the edit.

A lot of audio editing has taken place so I need to match these edits to the new file. How can I get the sequence to read this new file?

My idea was to replace the MXF's with new version MXF's but this didn't work.

Maybe there's an obvious way of doing this....but this is the sequence of things I tried to no avail:

1. Made sure both the guide & final mixed version were exactly the same length

2. Imported new mixed file (created MXF)

3. Shut down AVID

4. Removed the Guide Track MXF's from Avid MediaFiles folder

5. Copied the Guide Track MXF names and replaced the new file MXF names with these old names.

6. Deleted the Avid MediaFiles folder database files (to force re-index upon launch)

Macbook Pro 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM OS 10.12.6 Avid Media Composer 8.9.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 25 2018 3:54 AM In reply to

Re: Force sequence to read a new version of sound?

I saw your post much earlier today and I figure you have just moved on, edit by edit, which probably ain’t too bad...

MC GroupClips do not permit additions, modificcations, etc. , except for changes to LUTs.

Next time, in preparation, you can try this:

While you are making your initial Group Clip with  all your angles, ADD a FinalMix.Wav even though it is not ready yet.

It can be silent or have a clap/ beep at top and tail. 

Then you should be able to Re-import the real FinalMix which will in turn become available within the edited Sequence. 

This method works but the Name, TC , Tracks  DF/NDF status and duration probably has to be the same as your initial file.

(There’s a way to do this with video too, but I forget how.)

If your mixer maintained the pull-ups you did, then it should be easy to sync the FinalMix or simply work further using his corrected sound.

As for your method, if you did get it working, please share... I would be pleasantly surprised.

best of luck...

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 25 2018 2:30 PM In reply to

• Obscure
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 23 2018
    • Posts 24
    • Points 340

I may be misunderstanding you issue but can't you just enable reference clips in you bin, then delete the media for the guide track. This should then leave you with an offline master clip. You should then just be able to highlight this and 'batch import' the new clip.

Hope that helps!

• Fri, Jan 26 2018 4:58 AM In reply to

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Sydney
    • Posts 63
    • Points 860

Yes.....no solution unfortunately and have gone ahead match framed all the in & out points in my edit.

Macbook Pro 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM OS 10.12.6 Avid Media Composer 8.9.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller