Latest post Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:55 AM by AdamSydney. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:55 AM

• AdamSydney
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 19 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

MC 8.3 Batch Import/Relink offline clip in group

Hello,

I have been asked to help out on a doco that has been evolving over the last 5 years. Over that time it has been migrated accross 3 networks. There is currently an hour long cut that needs to be reshaped and re edited and the majority of this cut is online.

6 weeks of footage, A lot of the footage is 4 camera multicam previously grouped with an 8 track audio recording. Most of these groups now have 1 or more clip in the group offline. I still have access to all the source media but not all the avid media. A lot of the multicam media is made up of long Sony EX3 XDCAM35 mp4 in BPAV folders split into multiple files. ie. each hour long clip as 5x12min clips.

My question is what is the best method to 'rebuild' the group files so they are complete and online again? If at all possible?

I was wondering if I transcode the split mp4's to 1 mxf for each clip name and give it the corresponding tape name to its missing avid media twin - Can I batch import/relink that clip to rescue the existing but incomplete groups? or is it a matter of reingesting offline media and regroup then manually replace clips in timeline (shudder)

Any suggestions from Avid superheros would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller