Latest post Thu, Dec 7 2017 7:16 AM by Andrew. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 6 2017 11:30 PM

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 6 2011
    • Costa Mesa, Orange County, California
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,000

Is there a way to change dimension w/new project?

I am creating a new project, but for some reason, I cannot manually change the dimension.  I have to take whatever dimension it gives me when I pick the format.  I could, however, change the dimension once I starting exporting the file to QuickTime.

iMac 21.5-inch, late 2015 (purchased new in Jan. 2017), macOS High Sierra 10.13.1, Avid MC v8.9.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 6 2017 11:45 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to change dimension w/new project?

What are you trying to achieve?With a New project you get the options to choose new resolutions from the down Arrow on the left ot 30i NTSC.  You will be presented with a list of preset templates (options)

Andrew:
    I have to take whatever dimension it gives me when I pick the format.
    You can choose Custom from the bottom of your list of format options and make the dimensions you would like..

Once the project is created and opened you can still change the format but with a some what reduced number of options.

• Thu, Dec 7 2017 7:16 AM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 6 2011
    • Costa Mesa, Orange County, California
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,000

Re: Is there a way to change dimension w/new project?

OK, thanks, I'll check it out.  I had a 640 X 640 QuickTime file and I was trying to change the dimension to 640 X 640, but it wouldn't let me.  I had to take whatever the dimensions were depending on which format I chose.  I'll check out the Custom function.

iMac 21.5-inch, late 2015 (purchased new in Jan. 2017), macOS High Sierra 10.13.1, Avid MC v8.9.4 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller