Latest post Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:02 PM by Job ter Burg. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 6 2017 9:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,675
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: JUST A TICK

Job ter Burg:

I like that idea. 

Job and George...

Randy liked it too so here is hoping that low handing fruit feature request gets in

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 6 2017 10:57 PM In reply to

Thank you M.

Desktop
    Corsair RM750X/Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)/i7 2600K@4.4/Corsair 32G DDR3/PNY Quadro P2000D(385.08)/Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB/ 2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0/LG BH16NS40/W10 Pro 64bit/Media Composer Software 8.9.3 with Symphony • PhraseFind • ScriptSync Option/2xHP 22'' Monitors/M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital MediaVienna Frames

• Thu, Dec 7 2017 6:44 AM In reply to

George Angeludis:

I haven't seen anything so simple not being implemented in MC all of those years.

JUST A TICK at any clip or media used in a timeline.

So that the editor can remember if it was used already.

We have had that in Liquid and it was very helpful.

So please just add a tick to already (used) media in a timeline.

Yes, this could be a useful feature, especially when there are numerous clips, among many others in a bin. 

But what if the TICKed clips are, for example, 30-40 minutes long containing potentially dozens of available shots? 

Or, in my typical workflow, where you have pre-made a continuous clip Sequence or an Auto Sequence containing 40 mins (or more) of useful time-coded clips from one camera”s chip/drive? If a TICK is placed on an “in use” masterclip or Source Sequence in a bin, that’s fine, but I would prefer a complete solution to somehow indicate on those long, multi-clip “Source Sequences” WHERE multiple clip uses, associated with the currently loaded Composer Sequence, can be found.  To do that, I see a feature that provides “dynamic virtual Decompose” data— a clip / Source Sequence “history” of sorts, where instead of simply showing the last used Mark-in or Mark-Out from a clip or Source sequence, it might be expressed as Gray or a shaded Color sections seen in the source’s viewer area where Markers are currently displayed. 

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 7 2017 3:15 PM In reply to

Hi George,

This is not an answer to your request but the functionality you aks for already exists, just not in media composer but in Interplay.

The idea to have a variation of the 'in use' feature also visible inside media composer is not a bad idea but what I wonder about is how to define the term 'in use' by who or what especially on systems only using a shared storage. In other words should it be the clips used in the loaded sequence, the open bins, the loaded project, all projects?

The suggestion by Pat,

Pat Horridge:
    Bin of clips open. Sequence bin open select sequence select show media relatives from bin fast menu. All clips used in sequence are highlighted. Reverse selection and you now have selected all clips not used.

could as a default UI feature always be represented by a 'tick' in any bin containing a sequence. I can imagine a 'show active media relatives in bin' feature but is that what you want? 

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Thu, Dec 7 2017 3:47 PM In reply to

Job ter Burg:

I like that idea. It would need to be limited to the active sequence in the Record Monitor, I presume? Otherwise all shots in any use version would be ticked.

Yes it would have to be and it would have to be for any open bin as well.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:00 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,107
    • Points 60,060

So much used to 'select media relatives' and sift acordingly to my needs that I never tought of another approach. A tick would be a nice add, it should be tied to the loaded sequence only, for editing purposes; for media management I'd stick to the 'select media relatives' feature, which allows dealing with several sequences at once, to manage media used in different edit revisions.

MC 8.9.4, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Fri, Dec 8 2017 1:02 PM In reply to

Pat Horridge:
    it would have to be for any open bin as well.
    I think you'd have to be able to set that. Use might differ per project type / setup.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller