Latest post Tue, Aug 14 2018 7:28 AM by bferah. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 8 2017 1:48 PM

• Qburak
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 8 2017
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

How Fix you do not have a media composer first entitlement plase register my.avid.com/mcfirst for a free media composer first entitlement

I get this error 

you do not have a media composer first entitlement plase register my.avid.com/mcfirst for a free media composer first entitlement

I've done all the operations, but when I open the application I get such an error

Filed under:
  • Wed, Nov 8 2017 2:52 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,569
    • Points 17,175
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: How Fix you do not have a media composer first entitlement plase register my.avid.com/mcfirst for a free media composer first entitlement

Hi Qburak,

Please try to reset the AppMan Cache files, click the drop-down arrow next to the email address, then select "Preferences" tab select "Clear Cache files" then wait for the AppMan to sync, do the same with the 'Restart AppMan Helper.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 11 2018 6:26 AM In reply to

Re: How Fix you do not have a media composer first entitlement plase register my.avid.com/mcfirst for a free media composer first entitlement

I'm also having this issue.  I have cleared the cache and logged in.  After the update a message tells me to go to the app store to purchase a subscrition.

• Wed, Apr 11 2018 6:28 AM In reply to

After I do this I still have the problem.  After logging back in the app manager tells me to go to the app store to purchaes a license.

• Wed, Apr 11 2018 2:38 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,569
    • Points 17,175
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi markerikson,

The message " None of your product can be license via Application Manager. Please visit the Avid Store to buy a new one" is just normal for MC|First, after the installation the program is automatically activated via the AppMan, to launch the program select the "Apps tab" then click the Open.

Thanks,
    RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 12 2018 6:09 AM In reply to

In the Apps tab of the Application Manager I click "open" for Media Composer First.  I get the following.

The window is titled "Avid Media Composer First" You do not have a Media Composer | First engitlement. Please register at my-avid.com/mcfiles for a free Media Composer | First entitlement.
  • Sun, Apr 15 2018 3:40 AM In reply to

Any response to this?  I'm running MacOS High Sierra.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps.  But I still get the message that I'm not entitled.

• Sun, Apr 15 2018 7:06 AM In reply to

Same problem here..

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/184196.aspx

Would be grateful for a solution, Thanks!

MacPro (Late 2013) / 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 15 2018 3:54 PM In reply to

In Avid Application Manager-> (purple drop down menu) Prefernces-> Clear Chache Files.
    Quit it, then restart it.

(take a minute for the MC|F to launch properly)

MacPro (Late 2013) / 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 / 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Apr 15 2018 9:18 PM In reply to

I ended up doing a number of things.  I cleared the cache and restarted and then I got the spinning wait sprite.  after 10min I figured something else was wrong.

For my master account it appears that I have 2 setup due to a typo.  Chrome and Safari had different setups when looking at my account.

My media manager must have used one login, and Safari used the other.  I canceled the autologin of Safari and then logged into the correct account.  Auto login is currently off.

I ended up re-installing averything at that point and Composer First now loads correctly.

• Fri, Jul 20 2018 12:38 AM In reply to

• Muhittin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 20 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Hi

I am also having the same issues. I have tried every solution that is written here but it's no good.

Also when I enter the Application Manager it gets stuck saying "Getting subscription data". However when I restart my computer it is logged in.

• Fri, Jul 20 2018 12:45 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,531
    • Points 209,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hi there

What version do you have running of MC First?  What operating system?  Also what Comuter is this on?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 4:21 AM In reply to

• Muhittin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 20 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Hi

I have the v2018.7 version and the operating system is Windows. And the computer is a MSI laptop.

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 2:51 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,531
    • Points 209,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

markerikson:

Any response to this?  I'm running MacOS High Sierra.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps.  But I still get the message that I'm not entitled.

Markerikson

First you want to be using the 2018.7.1 version ( Mac ) as we discovered an issue with Mac OS 10.13.4 and higher on 2018.7. You should be able to get that via AppMan or your My Avid.  

Secondly, I see you also have access to PT First. Is this installed on the same computer?  There is a specific co-install for them so that might be it depending on what you have on the system.

Lastly... I want you to make sure your AppMan is the latest version and if not then go here and replace it with the latest also check the troubleshoting scoop.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/Application-Manager-stuck-at-initializing

Report back.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 2:52 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,531
    • Points 209,530
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Muhittin

Windows what?  Exacts please?   Computer is MSI...  Exacts please as any little part of that whch doesnt meet spec could be causing this. 

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller