Latest post Wed, Nov 1 2017 7:57 PM by camoscato. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 27 2017 3:10 PM

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2017
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

SCRIBBLE Animation

hello I'm trying to post this question but it is not posted and i do not know why

I try , what I want to get is an effect like this

where the drawn lines disappear in the same way they  appear. With the paint effect I do not think I can do ...

any suggestions?

• Sat, Oct 28 2017 7:58 AM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 2 2007
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

Re: SCRIBBLE Animation

I looked at the entire Bruno Mars video. If the above is all you are going to do then it is possible. I don't use MC for things like this but tried #1 in "Marquee". Marquee is a built in titling tool in MC. Using the text tool I selected the minus sign (-) to create those white lines. #2 was done in Shake. It was eaiser to manipulate the white lines (not minus signs) than in Marquee. Long story short, there is at least one way to get "that" look in MC. As for as the other things done in that video, you will become a Marquee expert by the time you pull it off! Geeked

1. Done in MC with Marquee

2. Done in Shake.

• Mon, Oct 30 2017 3:06 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

Hi,

do you mean shake by Apple? I tried with Marquee but the lines are short and I do not have the ability to draw curves ... Other ideas?

• Mon, Oct 30 2017 7:18 PM In reply to

You can almost do it with the paint effect.

1. After drawing the lines, select them with the arrow tool (SHIFT+click to select multiple lines at the same time).

2. In effects mode select the first keyframe.

3. Set the path parameter to 0.

4. Select the last keyframe.

5. Set the path parameter to 100.

The lines should now draw on over the duration of the effect. To get them to draw off:

6. Create a custom shape with the mode drop-down set to erase. The shape should be "behind" the start point of the shapes you drew in step 1. For example, if the lines are moving left to right and you want them to disappear from left to right, draw your erase shape to the left of the lines.

7. Add a keyframe about halfway through the effect.

8. Select the last keyframe.

9. Adjust the size of the shape until it covers the lines, erasing them completely.

Now the lines should draw on as they did before, and starting at the keyframe you added in step 7 they should draw off in a similar manner. If you feather the edges of the shape you drew in step 7, and if the effect is fast enough, you may not notice that this is a bit of a clunky way to accomplish the effect.

I hope that helps.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Oct 30 2017 7:24 PM In reply to

This is ugly, but it shows the resulting effect.

https://youtu.be/zi878vJzWKw

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Tue, Oct 31 2017 5:25 PM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

Avidator:
    Hi, do you mean shake by Apple?

Yep. Or as most of us like to say, Shake by Nothing's Real. No time to speak of what Apple did to it! Super Angry

• Wed, Nov 1 2017 9:28 AM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 494
    • Points 6,290

Hey this is a different editor but you may be able to pull some info that may help you achieve this in MC. The tutorial does use the title tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuGUuKUlV_k&t=421s

• Wed, Nov 1 2017 11:58 AM In reply to

• Tiger_XP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 460
    • Points 5,075

Based on what I went through in trying this in Marquee he may not return! Yea I know it's for titles but he was getting nowhere with it in MC. 

I became a Blues singer trying it in Marquee! Smile

Much easier to make shapes in Shake.

• Wed, Nov 1 2017 7:16 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

dew:

Hey this is a different editor but you may be able to pull some info that may help you achieve this in MC. The tutorial does use the title tool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuGUuKUlV_k&t=421s

Yeah I've seen that tutorial and with Premiere it's very easy...

• Wed, Nov 1 2017 7:22 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

camoscato:

You can almost do it with the paint effect.

1. After drawing the lines, select them with the arrow tool (SHIFT+click to select multiple lines at the same time).

2. In effects mode select the first keyframe.

3. Set the path parameter to 0.

4. Select the last keyframe.

5. Set the path parameter to 100.

The lines should now draw on over the duration of the effect. To get them to draw off:

6. Create a custom shape with the mode drop-down set to erase. The shape should be "behind" the start point of the shapes you drew in step 1. For example, if the lines are moving left to right and you want them to disappear from left to right, draw your erase shape to the left of the lines.

7. Add a keyframe about halfway through the effect.

8. Select the last keyframe.

9. Adjust the size of the shape until it covers the lines, erasing them completely.

Now the lines should draw on as they did before, and starting at the keyframe you added in step 7 they should draw off in a similar manner. If you feather the edges of the shape you drew in step 7, and if the effect is fast enough, you may not notice that this is a bit of a clunky way to accomplish the effect.

I hope that helps.

Perfect as always!! It's true is not easy to get a good result but i think is the only way to get this effect with MC. Thanx
  • Wed, Nov 1 2017 7:57 PM In reply to

You're welcome! Glad to help!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller