Latest post Thu, Nov 2 2017 12:57 PM by derDoyle. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 25 2017 8:19 AM

• seaswei
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 30 2008
    • Posts 42
    • Points 525

EDL issue on timeline autosync subclips

I dont if theres a way work or not?

I usually do audio sync with high speed on timeline, for example, a clip shot in 48fps, I will add a 200% timewarp on it, then sync with sound, and do autosync in the bin, the timeline will collapse into a subclip with sound.

But when I export EDL, the list tools cant read out its speed change info.

I need to replace the clip with original 48fps clip, then readd the 200% timewarp.

Maybe my workflow on high speed subclip is a little strange, but I hope the list tool can read the speed change info in the EDL.

Thanks

• Thu, Nov 2 2017 12:57 PM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Points 1,305

Re: EDL issue on timeline autosync subclips

Hi,

the problem is the autosync. Usually autosyncing clips with effects is not possible. However, since Avid has Motion Adapters, it is somehow possible to do this. But, as you see, it doesn't work that well.

I ran in this issue last year or so, all of our assistant editors started to autosync clips with timewarps because the footage was shot in other framerates. Like you do. The editors then complained that all of the clips had the wrong speed because the adapter was thrown of the clips during autosync. Usually if they had such footage they couldn't autosync because avid gave them an error and they had to give the editors just a sequence with the video and audio synced and a timewarp on the video.

This was the most harmless case, in other cases we got clips in the correct length and speed but if you enabled waveform you could see that the audio ended halfway through. Or the other way round, after half of the video you had a freeze frame for the rest of the length. So the timewarp did something, went missing and produced half empty clips.

In some cases it even worked, I don't know why. But all in all this leads to strange clip behaviour.

So, don't do autosync, work with sequences, the timewarp in the sequence will go into the EDL.

I hope I could help a bit.

Doyle

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.12.2, Avid MediaComposer 8.7.2, NitrisDX... [view my complete system specs]

Passionate In-House Avid Support

Admin of the German Avid Community on Facebook

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller