Latest post Sat, Feb 16 2019 3:19 PM by Jesper Hansen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:21 AM

• bushfilm
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Baton Rouge, LA
    • Posts 546
    • Points 7,395

Best format for Media Comp First?

I was just wondering if anyone has had the time to do any experimenting with various formats for use with MC1st. I tried some full HD 1080p stuff (.mov) and it more or less played ok, then I tried the same with AVCHD and it didn't work so well. Wouldn't take the audio at all. 

So I'm thinking maybe a 720P at 30fps in .mov codec might be the best trade off between quality and quanity. Anyone else?

One thing I noticed, when you click the "publish to" button, nothing happens when you hit Facebook or YouTube. I had to export (publish?) to a local drive, then upload from that to Facebook. Why put that in there if it doesn't work? 

And finally, I used to play around with PowerDirector quite a bit, and was always surprised how well it worked on a fairly low-power computer. You could do a lot wlith it, and it worked on an average laptop without a hitch. Just saying.

Oh wait, one more thing, I'm still looking for an answer to the question, can I do a ruff-cut in MC1st, then move the project to Media Composer (full version) on the desktop computer in my office? This would be very helpful. Shout out if you know.

Alright, not so finally, should I shoot at high quality, then import at lowest quality, then up-rez to DnxHD 145 or 175?

Thanks to all.

• Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:51 AM In reply to

Re: Best format for Media Comp First?

bushfilm:
    Oh wait, one more thing, I'm still looking for an answer to the question, can I do a ruff-cut in MC1st, then move the project to Media Composer (full version) on the desktop computer in my office? This would be very helpful. Shout out if you know.

You got an answer to that on your other post about it:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/182602.aspx

Marty McLean:

You can't transfer projects from Media Compoesr | First to Media Composer. Are you able to activate the same license on your laptop?

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Feb 16 2019 3:19 PM In reply to

• Jesper Hansen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 21 2018
    • København
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Re: Best format for Media Comp First?

Late to answer this now.

Guess you found out that the MC1st cannot work on the same system as the MC, nor will the project be recognized by MC.

Dell T-3600 Xeon 1650 @ 3.2ghz / AMD Firepro 7900 / 32 gb ram [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller