Latest post Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:32 PM by Marianna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 6 2017 12:21 AM

• raucsavage
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 6 2017
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

New problem with Script Sync 2.0

I've been using Script Sync 2.0 on a big reality TV show for 4 months now with no issues. I've managed to successfully sync over 20 transcriptions, some over 2.5 hours long. But now all of a sudden when I try to sync my latest two transcriptions it will freeze during the syncing process at the very last second. I'm not able to abort, and I have to force quit avid. I've tried starting a new project, changing the sync settings nothing has worked so far.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix? Is there a cache that I need to clear out and is the indexing data stored somewhere? Maybe that folder is full, but I'm not sure where it would be located. 

I'm using MC 8.8.5 on a mac mini (OSX 10.10.5) (we only use this machine for script sync and then use our other macs for editing.)

Any help would be great, thank you. 

• Fri, Oct 6 2017 1:20 AM In reply to

Re: New problem with Script Sync 2.0

raucsavage I have moved your post from the MC | First forum to the MC Mac Forum so it will be more visible to people using similar setups.

• Fri, Oct 6 2017 3:18 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,666
    • Points 223,900
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

raucsavage

Let me take a look at this and see if we can reproduce it

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Feb 22 2018 5:47 PM In reply to

• yowoody
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 2 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

I am having thesame problem, but only with certain scripts. Have yiu come up with any solutions?

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:43 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,666
    • Points 223,900
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Have you guys tried......   deleting the file called _SearchDB_  ?   This file is the database of the indexed bins within your project.

If you have ScriptSync activated, you will also see a folder called PhoneticData which contains a number of files with a .pat extension; these files contain the phonetic information for each of the audio clips within your project.  One .pat file will be created per clip.

I dont think this is the issue ( .pat file ) but it might be worth deleting the SearchDB and then restarting and rebuild it.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:25 PM In reply to

• Aren Hansen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 15 2016
    • Toronto
    • Posts 56
    • Points 620

I don't see these .pat files or the PhoneticData on my mac. Are they saved with the project?

2018.12.7 // OS10.14.5 // iMac 2019 3.6 i9 // 72GB Ram // Vega 48 // [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:32 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,666
    • Points 223,900
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Aren

Listed below are the Q/A that shoud help.

Q:There are folders and files in my Project folder I didn’t create. What are they and what do they do?
    A: In each Project folder, you will see a folder called SearchData which contains a file called _SearchDB_. This file is the database of the indexed bins within your project. If you have ScriptSync activated, you will also see a folder called PhoneticData which contains a number of files with a .pat extension; these files contain the phonetic information for each of the audio clips within your project. One .pat file will be created per clip.

Q: Is there a file count limit to the PhoneticData folder?
    A: Yes, the PhoneticData folder works like the AvidMediaFiles folder; once the first folder reaches 5,000, it will create another folder with a 2 appended to the name and continue to create new folders as the previous folder gets full.

Q: Do ScriptSync and PhraseFind share the same .pat files?
    A: No, they are different files, but the files are small enough that this will not adversely affect either performance or storage requirements for most projects.

Q: How do I activate my ScriptSync license?
    A: ScriptSync 2.0 uses the Avid Application Manager to manage activations and deactivations of its license. For more information on using Application Manager, please refer to the Media Composer Installation Guide

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller