Latest post Sun, Oct 1 2017 7:24 PM by dew. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 28 2017 2:54 PM

• kirkjacobs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 11 2008
    • New Orleans, LA
    • Posts 15
    • Points 220

changing graphic but keeping key frames

I have a graphic on my timeline with multipe keyframes applied and my client wants some small changes on the graphic. I want to replace the graphic with the new one but I do not want to have to set all those keyframes again! I'm sure this is a easy fix but I couldn't figure it out and this does come up from time to time. Please help. 

Thanks,

kJ

Avid 8.9
    Avid ISIS
    Windows 10 Enterprise

Avid 8.9 Avid ISIS Windows 10 Enterprise [view my complete system specs]

Kirk Jacobs
    Producer/Director/Editor
    WWL-TV
    New Orleans, LA

Filed under:
  • Thu, Sep 28 2017 3:17 PM In reply to

Re: changing graphic but keeping key frames

Park your blue line over the graphic. Open the effect editor. Hold the "alt" key and then click and drag the effect icon from the effect editor to a bin.  It should say "(Without Src)" on it.

Cut your new graphic in the timeline. Drag the "Without Src" effect from the bin onto the graphic.  

Done.

Follow me at www.twitter.com/redarrowryan Avid 1- z400 6-Core, with Nitris DX Symphony 6.0.3 Win 7 64 Bit [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Sep 28 2017 5:53 PM In reply to

Ryan's solution will work fine. Another option is to use the Batch Import function, which will replace the media in your graphic with the new version, updating it in the bin and timeline at the same time.

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Oct 1 2017 7:10 PM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 503
    • Points 6,425

is it possible to just step in the graphic and do a replace edit with the new graphic then step out? Just a thought. Not infront of the system to try.

• Sun, Oct 1 2017 7:24 PM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 503
    • Points 6,425

just did a test. Had a clip and applied a glow effect with key frames to change the color. I double clicked on the clip to get to the orginal footage. Did a replace edit and all the keyframes and effects remained. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller