Latest post Mon, Aug 21 2017 1:25 AM by TVJohn. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 17 2017 3:59 PM

• Jonas Cox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 9 2015
    • Springfield, MA
    • Posts 23
    • Points 275

"Select In/Out" is inaccessible in Command Palette

Hi,

I'm trying to map the Select In/Out function/button to my keyboard. I've tried clicking and have had no luck "grabbing" the button so that I can pull it down and release it onto my keyboard. It seems to owe to the fact that the Select In/Out button is overlain by the text of the button to the right of it (Segment Mode (Extract/Splice-in)). I've attached a grab showing what I mean.  Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm running Media Composer 8.9 on Windows 7 Professional.

TIA,

Jonas

MC 8.9 on Dell 7910 (Windows 7 Professional),with Nitris DX and ISIS [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 17 2017 7:27 PM In reply to

Re: "Select In/Out" is inaccessible in Command Palette

Hi,

I just tried this on MC 8.9 and Win 10 and it workes as expected. My command palette is wide enough to display all the commands properly, too. I don't know if it matters, but my screen resolution is set to 1920x1080.

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 8:05 PM In reply to

I just tried mapping Select In to out  to my KB on MC 8.9 and Win 7 Pro 64 SP 1 and it workes as expected.  I do not see any overlapping text with my Command Pallete  (using dual 22 inch 1680 screens)

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 8:05 PM In reply to

Hi 

Jonas.

Can you try a new user profile?

CJ

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 8:34 PM In reply to

• Jonas Cox
    • Not Ranked
    • Springfield, MA
    • Posts 23
    • Points 275

Thanks, guys.  My max resolution on my monitors is 1680x1050, so that might be the problem.

And Christian, I encountered this as I was building a new user profile; also, I just checked on a different user profile, and same issue.

MC 8.9 on Dell 7910 (Windows 7 Professional),with Nitris DX and ISIS [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 17 2017 8:37 PM In reply to

• Jonas Cox
    • Not Ranked
    • Springfield, MA
    • Posts 23
    • Points 275

Andrew, your setup sounds identical to mine, so I just want to be sure:  I'm talking about the button that, based on your in and out points, will select all clips within that region so you can move them via segment mode.  I'm not talking about the Mark Clip function (which one could almost as easily call Select In/Out); that button is accessible for me.

Thanks

• Thu, Aug 17 2017 10:19 PM In reply to

Jonas Cox:
    I'm talking about the button that, based on your in and out points, will select all clips within that region so you can move them via segment mode.
    It is the one you are talking about. See  attached. 

• Fri, Aug 18 2017 5:01 PM In reply to

• Jonas Cox
    • Not Ranked
    • Springfield, MA
    • Posts 23
    • Points 275

Ah, if only I could grab it from your *picture* and map it on my keyboard  Smile

• Fri, Aug 18 2017 10:02 PM In reply to

Have you tried Christians suggestion in this thread to create a new user?  
    With this new user open the Command Palette and see if your text is still overlapping.
    If the text is not overlapping you will be back in business.
    If the is still overlapping there is something wrong with the graphics card driver / Displays setup.  

• Sat, Aug 19 2017 8:40 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,712
    • Points 66,980

Jonas Cox:

Hi,

I'm trying to map the Select In/Out function/button to my keyboard. I've tried clicking and have had no luck "grabbing" the button so that I can pull it down and release it onto my keyboard. It seems to owe to the fact that the Select In/Out button is overlain by the text of the button to the right of it (Segment Mode (Extract/Splice-in)). I've attached a grab showing what I mean.  Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm running Media Composer 8.9 on Windows 7 Professional.

TIA,

Jonas

I guess the issue is the labels overlapping the buttons, therefore MC not properly scaling the GUI as per Your monitor resolution; MC 8.9 should somehow fix this, search the forums for workarounds, did not double check but going by memory the relevant thread should be http://community.avid.com/forums/t/179810.aspx.

Symphony 20.06, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Aug 21 2017 1:25 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,368
    • Points 53,960

Are you using the recommended NVidia driver?

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 20.6. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 17/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller