Latest post Sat, Sep 16 2017 12:31 PM by diegovillalba. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 7 2017 11:06 PM

• gns
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 1 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 55

Nexis workspace best practice

Hi,

I have a series coming up at a production company where I can control the Nexis workspaces and not just let a facility take care of that side of things, so I'm considering how best to work with workspaces on Nexis and would appreciate any thoughts.

I know it potentially makes sense to have workspaces for Projects/ Renders / M&E / ...

The dailies will be created with NextLab and the series is 20 eps initially, is it wise to set up workspaces for each episode? Or does this just get over complicated if the AE is sorting the dailies in to each eps workspace? If I'm not splitting it in to Ep workspaces is there a point where less workspaces can get too big to be safe?

Any tips for how people with a lot of media coming in use the work spaces would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Garry

• Sat, Sep 16 2017 12:31 PM In reply to

Re: Nexis workspace best practice

I would use one workspace for each episode raw footage, then I would decide if I let editors create media inside of them (but directing them to each workspace based on the Ep they are editing), or a common workspace for renders/editors media creation all together.
    Sorry, I probably read this a little bit late for your needs.

Have a good day!

* Media Composer 2019.6 * Interplay | Production 3.8.1 * Media Central 2.10.5 * iNews 2017.2 * Interplay MAM 5.9

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller