Latest post Sat, Aug 12 2017 1:01 AM by DStone. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 22 2017 1:25 PM

credi roll problem

hello i

i am going mad with credit roll

first i use title pro 3, make the keyframing seems ok

but don t work regualrly..

i play it back and sometimes titles finish at half of their content

sometiomes seems ok..i export and again they finish at that point

the always finish let s say after the first screen of text

i have tried to use title tool..but can t get roll..there is a button on bottom saying roll...but i click on it and nothing happem

some help to make roll credit??

thanks a lot

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 22 2017 3:14 PM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Annapolis, MD
    • Posts 331
    • Points 4,610

Re: credi roll problem

Do you have AVIDFX/Boris Red? I'd use that.

MC 8.8.5 w/Symphony option. NitrisDX, HP Z800 Dual 2.67Ghz, 96GB Ram, Nvidia M4000, BCC10, Sapphire10, TitlePro5, ProTools 10.5,Terrablock 24XS Multi-Write... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

• Sat, Jul 22 2017 3:24 PM In reply to

stefanocps:
    i have tried to use title tool..but can t get roll..there is a button on bottom saying roll...but i click on it and nothing happem

After you click that button, you then add text (and/or objects) to the title. By entering more text/lines, the page gets longer and longer and a scroll bar will appear to the side. Save and close the title. It will show up in the source monitor. Splice it into the sequence. Speed is determined by the duration of the rolling title (which you can trim). Seeing it play requires a render, though.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:05 PM In reply to

ok..i had the tile with text already in it and i wanted to apply roll after

now the title roll but don t like...don t understand the relation to speed an dduration....actually i don t see it

i see a very slow roll that will show only a smal part of all the text

also having to render all the time it is a real pain, and even after render it doesn t work properly

not a good tool this...

don t know what to do

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:11 PM In reply to

Fazz Powell:

Do you have AVIDFX/Boris Red? I'd use that.

yes i find i have an old version..don t know how to use that though! :)

• Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:31 PM In reply to

• Fazz Powell
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 3 2006
    • Annapolis, MD
    • Posts 331
    • Points 4,610

Take your credits out of Word and paste it into Boris text tool, make it the font and point size you want and then go to Controls and create a linear move on the Y axis. This is a newer version tutorial... https://web.borisfx.com/helpdocs/?page_id=7969

MC 8.8.5 w/Symphony option. NitrisDX, HP Z800 Dual 2.67Ghz, 96GB Ram, Nvidia M4000, BCC10, Sapphire10, TitlePro5, ProTools 10.5,Terrablock 24XS Multi-Write... [view my complete system specs]

Dan Powell - Take One Digital Media

• Fri, Aug 11 2017 12:29 PM In reply to

hello i have create a rolling title with red effect but it has a strange behaviour

at start and at then it slightly slow down the speed

so ita start..then in few second speed up to the speed he will keep for the whole lenght

until it arrive at last few seconds where again it slightly slow down

why that?

also i tried to export it

during the scroll some part are not smooth

thanks

Fazz Powell:

Take your credits out of Word and paste it into Boris text tool, make it the font and point size you want and then go to Controls and create a linear move on the Y axis. This is a newer version tutorial... https://web.borisfx.com/helpdocs/?page_id=7969

• Fri, Aug 11 2017 7:36 PM In reply to

stefanocps:

at start and at then it slightly slow down the speed

so ita start..then in few second speed up to the speed he will keep for the whole lenght

until it arrive at last few seconds where again it slightly slow down

Sounds like your keyframes are set to ease in/out. I haven't used Red, so I'm sorry but I don't know how to change them. My first guess would be right-clicking on them, but hopefully someone who knows for sure will answer.

Media Composer 8.8.5 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Aug 11 2017 9:13 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,088
    • Points 40,030
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

If you're using the title tool, the scrolling is based on the duration of the title (you can stretch or compress it to the right length to control the speed) as well as keyframes (which you can edit to control the ease-in and ease-out, among other things).

If you're using Red, then in the Title container, set the type to Roll (or Crawl) and click on the Maintain Speed checkbox. Then set your position keyframes from start and end (note: if you set the position keyframes and then select Maintain Speed, the positions will change from where you set them).

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC 8.7, MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Fri, Aug 11 2017 9:20 PM In reply to

Hi

I use red

Where is the mantain speed checkbox?

• Sat, Aug 12 2017 1:01 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,088
    • Points 40,030
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Select the Title Container you added to the timeline. In the upper left you will see the tabs for Controls, Library Browser, etc. Click on Controls. Click on the Animation tab in the Controls box. Select either Roll or Crawl (depending on what you're doing) for the animation type. You will now see the animation controls, including the Maintain Speed checkbox.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC 8.7, MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller