Latest post Wed, Jul 19 2017 12:52 AM by francosacchi. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 17 2017 2:05 PM

Plug in SONY XAVC S HD

Hi There  Ia m on MC 8.6.1 (MAC) Having a hard time linking to footage shot on Sony A7s ii (XAVC S HD). I installed

the latest NAblet plug in for XACV and XDCAM, relaunched MC but no luck.

• Mon, Jul 17 2017 3:26 PM In reply to

Re: Plug in SONY XAVC S HD

Unfortunately, Sony, and now Nablet, have continued to decline to produce plugins for XAVC-S.

Your options are to either rewrap by using a third-party tool like EditReady, or to use a third-party plugin.  DrasticTV produces one plugin, a XAVC-S specific plugin for $99.  Link below - in the "Versions" and "Download" tabs, you'll be looking for the "Single for Avid" version that specifically refers to XAVC-S.

http://www.drastic.tv/productsmenu-56/mediareactorlist/mediareactor-workstation

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 19 2017 12:03 AM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 91
    • Points 955

I use the editready re wrap workflow for my a7s XAVC-s clips, I have a smart folder on the Mac that collects all the MP4 from the card, I drag these files to the edit ready window and copy with re wrap to my media drive. The files are then ready to Ama into avid. I also use the rename feature in edit ready in this process. The re wrap process adds no overhead to the copy of the clips.

well worth the purchase price for me.

martin

iMac Retina27 late 2014 4Gz i7 16GB AMD R9 2GB with Sata Raid OS 10.11.6 MC 8.6.4 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 19 2017 12:52 AM In reply to

Thank you Martin, very useful feedback.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller