Latest post Thu, Aug 10 2017 6:25 PM by mnbkyle. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 31 2017 1:40 PM

• mnbkyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 15 2015
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 16
    • Points 205

Avid ISIS and Upstream Pipestall

PROBLEM: When creating a video mixdown on an AMA linked sequence of FS7 XAVC footage we get an "Upstream Pipestall" error message.

I've searched forums all over the web learning about the Upstream Pipestall error, but there doesn't seem to be anything related to shared storage, such as the ISIS 5500 we use. The closest I've seen someone nail this problem down is that the harddrive being written to cannot keep up with the processor. Other users talk about switching from USB 3.0 to a USB 2.0 and that solves the problem, but again each of our bays have dual gigabit connections to the ISIS so it's all the same from machine to machine. I've checked the receive and transmit buffers as well and they're each set to 1024 as per the avid config guideline...

What's odd is this machine was working just fine and then this error seemed to come from nowhere. I can't quite tell what if anything has changed. Bandwidth issue?

Anyone have any ISIS Upstream Pipestall solutions?

Specs:

Avid 8.8.3
    HP z840
    Dual Xeon CPU E5-2630 v3@ 2.4 GHz
    32 GB RAM
    64 bit OS Win 7 SP1

• Sun, Jun 4 2017 10:53 AM In reply to

Re: Avid ISIS and Upstream Pipestall

Hi,

Have you checked with pathdiag what your read and write speeds are to the ISIS?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Tue, Aug 8 2017 8:46 PM In reply to

• mnbkyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 16
    • Points 205

Here's a screenshot of a recent pathdiag test. The upstream pipestall didn't show itself for a while but recently came back which led me back to the forum :D

Looks like after 5 minutes the write speed went off a cliff

• Tue, Aug 8 2017 9:46 PM In reply to

That 'cliff' is probably the 5 minute duration of the write test, and where the read test starts.

The 200MB/s write rate and 260MB/s read rate are actually fine. But I assume you are not on version 4.7.11?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, Aug 10 2017 6:25 PM In reply to

• mnbkyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 16
    • Points 205

I actually updated to 4.7.11 a day before I did the test. Upstream pipe stall hasn't been consistant this week so far, but I am now getting glitches and frame tearing in mixdowns...I'm about to post again in another thread I have going \/\/

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/180880/842924.aspx#842924

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller