Latest post Fri, May 5 2017 12:53 AM by shatto1. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 4 2017 7:32 PM

• shatto1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 18 2014
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

AMA DPX conform results in really dark saturated footage with blown out highlights.

I usually use DaVinci or Premiere to do conforms but sometimes clients request I stay Avid only (sometimes effects don't transfer over which is a good reason to know it, too). I learned relinking the Avid way and can get consistent results with relinking colored/trimmed clips. I have relinked ProRes files without a problem. The problem occurred when I was delivered DPX files instead of ProRes. 

I conformed everything in Davinci, since I was unsure how Avid would handle DPX, and the color looked great. The editor had used an Avid stabilze filter which didn't transfer over and was hard to recreate in the timeframe available. I tried to AMA link to the 10bit DPX files for the specific shots that I needed but figured I'd link the whole thing to see if it worked. Everything was great except for the really dark, saturated colors and very blown out highlights. I'd really like to make it work (at least just to make it work) because It could be a time saver for certain projects.

Is there a color setting or step I'm missing? I tried all the display color spaces and project color spaces. I looked for documentation about dpx but perhaps I'm not looking in the right place?

Filed under: , , ,
  • Fri, May 5 2017 12:53 AM In reply to

• shatto1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jan 18 2014
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55

Re: AMA DPX conform results in really dark saturated footage with blown out highlights.

I exported out dpx with video data levels, and although the color got closer to what it should be, it's still not close to the reference from the colorist. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller