Latest post Mon, Mar 13 2017 12:47 AM by jef. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 12 2017 6:41 AM

• conleec
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1,320
    • Points 17,200

Confused [*-)] Amazon Direct -- 8 Channel Audio Embedded, How?

Hey folks,

I'm getting ready to submit a feature film to Amazon Direct, and per their specs, embedded audio should be 8 channels in the following order: L, R, C, Lfe, Ls, Rs, Lt, Rt. In other words, a surround mix, followed by a stereo mix. 

This is all fine and dandy. I've exported a Pro Res HQ file directly from Media Composer, with my 8 tracks of discrete audio, per their specs.

But now the issue I'm having is that I absolutely cannot find, or create, a setting in Compressor that will properly encode those discrete audio channels and embed them with video. Everything either combines them to stereo, or I need to do audio separately, which isn't what Amazon is asking for.

Does anybody know how to H264 compress video with 8 channels of discrete audio? I guess that's the long and the short of it. Thanks a million in advance.

Chris Conlee

MacPro 3.33Ghz 12 Core (Westmere, MacPro 5,1), 48Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 680, Intensity Pro (Desktop Video 10.4.3), OS X 10.13.6, MC 2018.12 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 12 2017 8:26 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 160,320

Re: Amazon Direct -- 8 Channel Audio Embedded, How?

Hi Chris, if you are able to create that audiostream correct it should be possible to replace the already enbedded one with that separately created , there are some small apps that can do this if this is interesting , this one is for PC and I´ve used it myself a couple of times

https://www.videoredo.com/en/Products_TVSuite_V5.html

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Mar 13 2017 12:47 AM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,904
    • Points 47,115

Re: Amazon Direct -- 8 Channel Audio Embedded, How?

conleec:

Hey folks,

I'm getting ready to submit a feature film to Amazon Direct, and per their specs, embedded audio should be 8 channels in the following order: L, R, C, Lfe, Ls, Rs, Lt, Rt. In other words, a surround mix, followed by a stereo mix. 

This is all fine and dandy. I've exported a Pro Res HQ file directly from Media Composer, with my 8 tracks of discrete audio, per their specs.

But now the issue I'm having is that I absolutely cannot find, or create, a setting in Compressor that will properly encode those discrete audio channels and embed them with video. Everything either combines them to stereo, or I need to do audio separately, which isn't what Amazon is asking for.

Does anybody know how to H264 compress video with 8 channels of discrete audio? I guess that's the long and the short of it. Thanks a million in advance.

Chris Conlee

Chris,

We have been using Adobe Media Encoder for such tasks.

But, as I read their specs, you can deliver ProRes .mov files.  Curious as to why you are choosing h.264?

Jef

EDIT:  I may have mispoke about using AME for this task.  We may be using Resolve, but it has some limitaions.  Seems like the audio compression setting are a bit buggy.  Definitely gets multiple channels out, but certain combos of settings will crash Resolve.

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." 2021 iMac w Big Sur [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller