Latest post Wed, Feb 22 2017 10:59 PM by schuehlieh. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 22 2017 8:20 PM

Autosync- sound disappears?

Autosync question- I have media on an external drive.  I am using autosync to sync the video and audio at in points and create a sync clip.  I have everything (at least I thought) in my Media Creation settings targeted to that external drive.  Yet, when I move that drive to a different computer everything works except the sync clips I had created no longer have sound on them.  What have I not done correctly???????????

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:35 PM In reply to

Re: Autosync- sound disappears?

So the actual audio clips are online but not the sync clips?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Feb 22 2017 10:59 PM In reply to

Re: Autosync- sound disappears?

Check your Audio Project Settings Main Tab on new computer:

• Perhaps your Audio Project settings were set to OMF and therefore your sound files don't live in the MXF-Folder with video but the OMF-Folder on the drive. So you need to copy that to the new drive, too?

• Or you made a new project and therefore have to change your Audio Project Settings to OMF?

• Or your clips play silence because of difference in 44/48/96 khz and your audio project settings differ on both computers with 

Convert Sample Rates When Playing:

Controls whether or not your Avid editing application performs on-the-fly sample rate conversion of segments that do not match the rate defined in Sample Rate.

hth 

julie

MC 2018.4 @ OS10.10.5 w/matrox mini 2x2.26 quad-core intel xeon w/32gb in my production company and MC 2018.7.1 @ OS 10.10.5 on macbook pro for teaching... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller