Latest post Wed, Mar 1 2017 2:23 PM by James Smith. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 28 2017 9:54 AM In reply to

• James Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Re: Avid Media Composer to DaVinci re-link imported proxies to original source footage

Thanks, Andrew. Yes, I think importing proxies is an efficient way of offline editing in my experience. As you say, for the up-res/conform, I'll take the proxies offline and see if I can access the full-res footage for the final stages of this project.

Avid Media Composer 8.3 running on HP Pavilion G6, Windows 10. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 28 2017 10:58 PM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,626
    • Points 18,635

Re: Avid Media Composer to DaVinci re-link imported proxies to original source footage

James Smith:
    So, in the future, I assume a better workflow (if I wish to work on a low-spec system with proxies) is to trancode all of the footage to the lower-res format, and then go into Avid and AMA link to it? i.e. never use import!

Actually that is incorrect. The correct workflow is to link and transcode or if Avid recognises the media, link and consolidate. The transcode or consolidate needs to take place inside MC for it to understand where the original source media is.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Wed, Mar 1 2017 2:23 PM In reply to

• James Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 8 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

Thanks, Mondo. I'll be taking the advice from everyone on this thread regarding AMA. Also, I'll be doing the grade within AMC/Symphony.

James

Avid Media Composer 8.3 running on HP Pavilion G6, Windows 10. [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller