Latest post Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:35 PM by mnbkyle. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 19 2016 4:36 PM

• mnbkyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 15 2015
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 43
    • Points 510

AMA Relinking Issues. Clips relink Video with wrong audio

Hello Avid folks! I've got an interesting issue while relinking my transcoded dnx45 back to my ama linked xavc intra 100 footage, and dnxLB drone and gopro back to original H264

PROBLEM: The sequence relinks about 95% correct. In some cases it swaps DJI drone shots with completely differnent clip names, and in some cases with the xavc, it relinks the correct video but different audio, and vice versa in other cases. How does it manage to screw that up when so much else relinks correctly??

My Relink Process:

I highlight all the ama linked bins, right click the master sequence, click relink:

-Selected items in ALL open bins

-Relink by start timecode and Disk Label

-Ignore extension checked

-Match case when comparing source names checked

-Video Parameters: Relink to any HD video format. Relink Method highest quality.
    (the following parameters are grayed out and unchangeable)
    relink if quality is greater tan or equal to. 1080p/2997. Resolution AVC-Intra 50 MXF. If no match is found Use Existing Media

-Tracks to relink - video, audio, data

Create New Sequence checked

This relink method works for me but is lately giving me these 95% complete relinks for some strange reason..ideas?

Any help appreciated!

Kyle

• Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:03 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Relinking Issues. Clips relink Video with wrong audio

I never relink Audio. No point the audio you have is finishing quality.

Seperate the Audio from the video. Relink just a video sequence and then rejoin back to the Audio.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:35 PM In reply to

• mnbkyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 15 2015
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Posts 43
    • Points 510

Re: AMA Relinking Issues. Clips relink Video with wrong audio

That makes sense to me! Thanks for the reply. Can you think of any reason why it might relink the wrong video clip in the case of drone and gopro?

For example: h264 transcoded to dnxLB. When it's time to relink, clip 68 (dnxLB) in the sequence will be relinked to clip 70 (h264)

The AMA bin clip names match up with the proxy bin clip names so I'm confused at where the problem lies...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller