Latest post Sun, Oct 22 2017 9:48 PM by Johnaldenboyd. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 15 2016 2:13 AM

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475
    • Moderator: MCA PC

NewBlue Titler Pro 2 - support trouble

NewBlue representatives:

I was in ongoing contact with support for about 3 weeks without resolution.  Now for a further 4 weeks, I've had no response at all to my 11/14/16 reply.  This long (7 weeks) to achieve success is far too long.  This long (4 weeks or more) to get a response to an ongoing support issue is intolerable.

This was on support+id23087 regarding the "DLL not found" error.  I was able to get my secondary system fixed without trouble right away.  I eventually got my main system working temporarily after a lot of work on my own that had very little to nothing to do with the suggestions I got from support.  That system then reverted to the same dll problem after only updating MC and making no other changes.  If you look up the ticket, you'll see what has happened.

Can we get this support issue resolved as well as resolve my inability to use the titler on my main MC system?  I would really appreciate that as you might imagine.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Thu, Dec 15 2016 6:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,264
    • Points 206,180
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: NewBlue Titler Pro 2 - support trouble

Scott

I pinged Todor and Caleb at NewBlue this am and they are on it for you.  He advised me that he would also keep me in the loop on what transpires.

stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 15 2016 6:18 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475

Thanks, Marianna. I also replied to my existing support thread last night with the same complaints just before posting here.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Tue, Dec 27 2016 6:01 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475

Marianna,

I don't know if you've heard anything from them about this but after another almost 2 weeks, I have still heard not a thing.

Scott

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 5:18 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475

I've finally have heard back and got the same sort of response as before.  He didn't pay attention to what had already been done or to what I reported back that I had to do to fix it earlier (I had gone far beyond his own suggestions in the beginning, having to discover and fix file and folder permissions to get it working) and he wanted me again to update the video drivers.  He had suggested that before.  I did it with no change back then and explained to him that doing so risks MC's monitor overlays going haywire.  He's still not addressed the fact that I had to fix permissions issues myself to get it working originally and that updating MC broke the titler again just days later.  The video drivers weren't changed between my getting the titler working and it breaking again.

It's been as if a computer is trying to parse my emails and come up with an automatic response.  I hate that, by the way.  I want a person to read what I've written, understand what I've written, then respond appropriately taking into account what I've written.  Among the first replies in October after a detailed description of the issue was "Can you be more specific about your experience with Titler Pro 2?"  REALLY!!??  How much more specific can you be than "When I apply the titler effect the "dll not found" message appears in the record monitor?"  I got more specific anyway but that didn't bring me a resolution.

Last night, I told him that I was not going to update the video drivers again and that I was also not going to allow him to take control of my computer as he also now suggests.  I don't trust him with my computer.  After all that's happened, I told him it was time for someone with more expertise to handle the problem.  If he's only going to rehash things that didn't work already and isn't going to address what I had to do to get it working the first time, there's no point in continuing with him.

It's all been ridiculous except for the very first reply which gave instructions to delete certain files and folders and reinstall.  Those instrucitions were good enough to get my other system working.  I had to discover and fix file and folder permissions on the problem system myself.

I've just about decided to never use a NewBlue product again.  Their installers have a lot of problems and so does their support.

Scott

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 10:24 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,533
    • Points 59,275

I also had some problems with their installers over the years. I was thinking that their TP5 installer was better then earlier versions but now I've heard of some other issue with TP5 so I really don't know what to think. Hopefully you'll get that issue resolved. Must be frustrating.

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 3+ | MC 18.5 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 11 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.6 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D-E... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Thu, Dec 29 2016 11:18 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475

Thanks, Steve.  It has been a frustration, particularly because it took so much to get it working on this one system and then for it to give the same message again after only updating MC from one point release to the next.

Scott

• Fri, Dec 30 2016 12:37 AM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475

Things are moving toward a resolution now.  I'll give an update when there's something to report.  It's an odd situation because only the titler within MC isn't working.  It wasn't asked before if the standalone also didn't work but that was asked tonight.  The standalone does work so they're stumped at the moment based on that information but will get to the bottom of it.

Scott

• Fri, Dec 30 2016 7:21 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,475

Last night, we reached a solution that got Titler Pro 2 (for Avid) working on this problem system.  The situation is not typical and that's what I suspected pretty much all along.  I appreciate their willingness to do what was necessary to find a fix.

Scott

• Sun, Oct 22 2017 9:48 PM In reply to

I cannot get NewBlue Titler Pro 5.0.170821 or any othher version for that matter show up in my Effects Palette. I have created a work around by using the standalone version and exporting a .mov file, but I cannot edit this .mov file in my MC timeline to make it the right lenth (in time)...any suggestions? What did they do to fix your prob?

John Alden Boyd

I have 17 gigs of RAM on my Del Precision T3500 with Intel Xeon CPU W3550 @3.07 GHz Running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system with about 1.5 Terabyte’s of storage space.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller