Latest post Thu, Dec 8 2016 7:06 PM by Roger Shufflebottom. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 8 2016 10:26 AM

Saving Site Settings MC 8.?.? (Mac) Bug? Feature?

I always thought that any logged-in Mac user (Admin or Standard) could modify the Site Settings and they'd be saved and updated when saving, leaving the project or quitting. I now find that only an editor logged in as a Mac Administrator can do this (checking with MC 8.6.1). An editor logged in as a standard user can (apparently) change Site Settings but they will not be saved. I checked this on two systems today.

I then went back to an old v7 installation and found that a standard user can change and have the Site Settings saved for future new users and projects. This is what I'd expect. When did this change? When the Site Settings were moved out of the old Special menu? This seemingly minor change has a big impact at my university where we all have standard log-ins and have to beg the IT department to make any other changes.

Can someone from Avid please comment? Thanks.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

• Thu, Dec 8 2016 6:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,619
    • Points 223,340
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Saving Site Settings MC 8.?.? (Mac) Bug? Feature?

Roger

check the attachment.  Its on page 4 or 5

Site settings

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 8 2016 7:06 PM In reply to

Re: Saving Site Settings MC 8.?.? (Mac) Bug? Feature?

Thanks for the prompt response but that is not the issue (I know where the Site Settings live). If you read my post again you'll see that a non-admin user cannot make the Site Settings stick. Only an Admin User (possibly the person who first ran the app) can do this and that is a backward step.

iMac i5 27", 24GB RAM, OS 10.13.6 with Symphony 2018.12, BlackMagic mini monitor. MacBook Pro, 16GB RAM with OS 10.13.6 with MC 2018.5 and BMD Ultrastudio... [view my complete system specs]

With best wishes, Roger Shufflebottom

ACI, Technical Tutor (Editing), Faculty of Media and Communication, Bournemouth University, Dorset, UK

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller