Latest post Fri, Sep 16 2016 4:38 PM by sorcherfilms. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 16 2016 3:27 PM

Attempting to relink -Issue-

I have only ever been able to relink avid media files if they are the original transcodes backed up on another drive.  Is there anyway to relink to newly transcoded media created from the same video file.  I tried all the different combinations within the re link settings with no success.

The DIT on the shoot created currupt files that keep crashing my system.  I was able to get through a bunch of selects before this issue came up and I don't want to loose my current work.  I re transcoded with davinci last night and want to re connect the new transcodes so my good selects are still usable.  Its all the same timecode so I don't understand why it can't relink.  Any ideas?

Mac Pro 2 X 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac OS El Capitan 16gigs memory Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4096mb [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 16 2016 4:03 PM In reply to

Re: Attempting to relink -Issue-

Are you trying to relink the clips or the selects sequences? The sequences might be easier.

Did you take your corrupted media offline?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Sep 16 2016 4:35 PM In reply to

I subcliped my selects from a multicam sequence so I assume if I try and relink the clips my subclips would then work again.  I have the bad clips on a different drive that is disconnected so the media is offline.  For a while I thought it was a multicam issue but then when I brought the media into a new project and tried to watch the affected area I got the spinning wheel of death and had to force quiet and restart the machine.

Mac Pro 2 X 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac OS El Capitan 16gigs memory Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4096mb [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Sep 16 2016 4:38 PM In reply to

My selects need to live in a bin with all the comments i've added.  I don't create select sequences til later.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller