Latest post Thu, Sep 1 2016 3:24 PM by mjolnarn. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 1 2016 10:57 AM

• testrachan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 28 2011
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Smallest Proxy workflow video/audio

Hi folks, hoping you might be able to help me with this headache.

I work on a drama that's shooting abroad for five days. Due to the post schedule we need to get the footage back daily. Unfortunately the internet upload speed out there is about 2-3mbps. So our usual offline resolution of DNX36 won't cut it, as we'd be generating over 20gb of data a day. Which that internet connection won't be able to cope with.

I know I could generate h.264 800kbs proxies which are a fraction of the size (5-10mb a clip!) But I can't work out if we could do the same for the audio masters? We get anywhere up to 10gb of audio masters a day.

We transcode through resolve. If I embed the audio in resolve creating one .mov h.264 with all my audio how could I relink both my audio and video when the foreign shoot is over.

It would be good once they're back to match it back to the DNX36 graded rushes we normally use, for the fine cut.

Appreciate any help.

• Thu, Sep 1 2016 3:01 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,611
    • Points 65,840

Re: Smallest Proxy workflow video/audio

Might not be what You want to hear, but is an international overnight courier traveling with USB thumb drives an option?

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Sep 1 2016 3:07 PM In reply to

• testrachan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 28 2011
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

Sadly not. It's about a 3000 mile journey with location half a day from an airport.

• Thu, Sep 1 2016 3:24 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

Video and the 800 avchd codec for offline shouldn´t be a problem , I´ve tested successfully myself on MS cloud with a Surface but are you really sure of that 10 gigs amount of audio per day, seems to be an awful lot of audio if so, I guess it´s multichannel though, maybe it´s possible to use another workflow for the external audio edits .

And I would only use Avid here for the transcodes and relinks , Resolve can be used when you are back home

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller