Latest post Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:56 PM by jray. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 17 2016 8:10 PM

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 1 2011
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

Interface elements disappear or show incorrectly

I've noticed in several versions of MC 8 that elements of the interface such as the BPI will disappear and refuse to come back without restarting MC. It also happens regularly when activating the smart tools, the cursor will still show a black arrow rather than changing to the red/yellow segment modes. It seems like such a prominent bug in all the versions of MC 8 that I have worked with that I expected it would've been fixed a long time ago. Has anyone found a quicker work around for this? When I would have trouble with graphical refreshes in the past from time to time I could usually get MC to refresh by activating mission control and coming back, but not so in 8.5.3.

Avid MC 8.5.3 with Symphony, Mac Pro 2009, OS 10.10.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 17 2016 9:01 PM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

Re: Interface elements disappear or show incorrectly

This was moved to Symphony, although it is not a Symphony specific issue. I have experienced it without the Symphony option on my Mac, as well as on Windows 7 MC 8.2.x (can't recall the version offhand) with no Symphony.

Avid MC 8.5.3 with Symphony, Mac Pro 2009, OS 10.10.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 17 2016 9:42 PM In reply to

Sorry, something is wonky with this thread and I couldn't reply until I moved it to another forum.

Have you tried a new Avid user?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Aug 17 2016 10:03 PM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

Thank you. Yes, I just did a clean install of 8.5.3 on my mac and rebuilt my user settings from scratch. Is this not something you have seen? It happens to me many times every day with the cursor (especially with the smart tools). The BPI issue is more like once a day on 8.5.3, and less frequent on 8.2.x.

• Thu, Aug 18 2016 1:38 AM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

This seems to occur pretty regularly when I've been working for a few hours and switch workspaces. I've been going to the Full Screen Playback workspace which moves the timeline from one monitor to the other, and the BPI tends to disappear when that happens. I restarted MC and tried to get it to disappear and it worked fine, but after a few hours I did it again and the BPI disappeared.

• Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:56 PM In reply to

• jray
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 57
    • Points 710

This happened to me again today on a completely different system with different user settings. MC 8.2.7 on Windows 7. My source and record monitors disappeared and when I went to Workspaces and restored my default the bpi was gone from the timeline. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller