Latest post Fri, Jul 8 2016 2:16 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 6 2016 7:13 PM

Ilok installer vanishes on Composer 8.6

Hey everyone, 

I am trying to install Composer 8.6 on a factory new HP Z440 and am having issues with Ilok.  When I launch, I get an error that says "Unable to initialize audio effect and mixing system. Continue with limited audio capability?" this is after pop ups that say that Ilok License Support is not installed.  

Well I go and download Ilok License Support 3.0.3 and try installing it and everytime the installer package gets to "Preparing to install" it just vanishes.  Nothing showing in Task Manager.  I did run Edit Prep and ASDT on this system.  I have tried older versions of the installer, I have tried the Ilok diag tools that remove old versions...the problem is I cant get ANY version installed.  I have disabled all networking on the 440 and that does not help.  Everything else(including Composer) installs clean. I have also tried a new user account on the PC.   Anything info on why this is happening and how to fix it?

-Steve

• Wed, Jul 6 2016 7:57 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,851
    • Points 20,445
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Ilok installer vanishes on Composer 8.6

Hello Steve,

Can you give this a shot, go to the MC downloaded installer and install PACE License Support 

\MediaComposer\Installers\MediaComposer\ISSetupPrerequisites\PACE License Support 2.5.2.1034

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:48 PM In reply to

When I try that, I get a -1603 error..that is actually the same installer package that Pace offers on thier website if you want an older installer.   Still stuck

• Thu, Jul 7 2016 1:53 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,851
    • Points 20,445
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Smcgrath1977:
    When I try that, I get a -1603 error.

Can you post screenshot of the error.

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 7 2016 5:03 PM In reply to

I wont be in front of the computer again until tomorrow, but this is the same problem but its a ProTools thread, not Composer.  But its the same problem. 

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=347134

• Thu, Jul 7 2016 8:33 PM In reply to

• dori_bashan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • ISRAEL
    • Posts 647
    • Points 7,990

We are seeing this issue on every system ever since 8.5.0

This is related to the PACE service that is not started. starting the PACE service from the Services.msc solves it.

we have created a *.bat file that will start the PACE service and put it in the Startup folder and the issue is gone.

90x Media Composer, 8x Symphony Nitris, 8x ISIS 5000, ,6x Pro Tools, 4x Assimilate SCRATCH Systems- Opus Post Production, ISRAEL. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 8 2016 12:03 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,581
    • Points 45,980
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

You shouldn't have to start the PACE service manually. It should be set in Services as Automatic under Startup Type.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Fri, Jul 8 2016 2:16 PM In reply to

The solution I found is to select automatic delayed start instead of automatic.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller