Latest post Thu, Jun 13 2019 8:05 PM by Fixius. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 30 2016 10:10 PM

• azpackrat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 7 2009
    • Phoenix AZ
    • Posts 40
    • Points 610

Avid.com is in Japanese

Hi all. Recently had my HD partitioned to have El Capitan on one side and Mountain Lion on the other. Avid MC 6.3 is on the Lion side.  When I open Avid.com on the Lion side (Via Safari), the site comes up in Japanese (or other Asian character language). How do I get it changed back to English? BTW, Avid site is the only one that this happens on.

AMC6 v6.0.3 on MacBook Pro 15" OSX 10.7.5 - 4GB Ram 2.4GhZ Intel Core i7 with AMD Radeon HD6770M and external Lacie Media drive [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 31 2016 8:52 AM In reply to

Re: Avid.com is in Japanese

At the very top of this community page there are 2 pull down menu's. Country and Products plus a search field. You easily overlook these and might have accidentally changed Country.

Change country and all should come back to normal.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Wed, Jun 12 2019 1:27 AM In reply to

• Fixius
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 11 2018
    • Posts 5
    • Points 30

I just ran into this problem today.  There has been no change to my browser, or OS.  On this page above, the selected country is United States, as desired.  However, when I go to the homepage, or my user page, everything is in Japanese.  This is particularly frustrating, because I am trying to renew my Protools Support Plan, which is time-sensitive.  Anyone else running into this?

Update:  The problem seems to be fixed on the homepage, but my profile page is still in Japanese.  If there is a menu to change languages anywhere, i can't find it, as I can't read this language.

Thanks.

• Wed, Jun 12 2019 1:29 AM In reply to

• Fixius
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 30

I just ran into this problem today.  There has been no change to my browser, or OS.  On this page above, the selected country is United States, as desired.  However, when I go to the homepage, or my user page, everything is in Chinese.  This is particularly frustrating, because I am trying to renew my Protools Support Plan, which is time-sensitive.  Anyone else running into this?

Update:  The problem seems to be fixed on the homepage, but my profile page is still in Chinese.  If there is a menu to change languages anywhere, i can't find it, as I can't read this language.

Thanks.

• Wed, Jun 12 2019 5:42 AM In reply to

There's a bug on the website. More info and a fix here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/197202.aspx

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 13 2019 8:05 PM In reply to

• Fixius
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 30

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller