Latest post Fri, May 6 2016 8:43 PM by oze. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 3 2016 7:17 PM

• cyberpsv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 30 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

batch import media transcode after linking

I have sony FS5, I working in UHD, import by ama xavcHD media > after i transcode in DNX SQ

. i make my editing. After my hard drive with media burning.Sad

how to batch import media link et transcoder? i have mediacomposer 8.4.4 mac. it is not support direct import XavcHD?

Thank you

Filed under:
  • Tue, May 3 2016 7:45 PM In reply to

Re: batch import media transcode after linking

AMA isn't importing. Importing still exists for certain formats and is different to AMA link and then transcode.

With AMA linked media followed by transcode the correct process at online is to relink the sequence to the AMA clips.

There are various online tutorials related to that.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, May 6 2016 8:43 PM In reply to

• oze
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 575
    • Points 6,805

Re: batch import media transcode after linking

Pat is correct. It's inportant to distinguish between the two.

This article by Scott Freeman changed the way that I work and has saved many hours and much frustration. Regardless of whether one intends to use Resolve or not, following this methodolgy for AMA/Transcoding and re-linking allows complete flexibility when dealing with original source media and transcoded media.

http://www.avidblogs.com/how-to-roundtrip-davinci-resolve-to-avid-media-composer-tutorial/

2017 27" iMac i7 4.2, 2TB PCI memory, 64GB RAM, OS 10.13.6, MC 2018.10 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller