Latest post Thu, Feb 11 2016 6:57 PM by JoelGriffen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 7 2016 4:55 PM

• editmarx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank CA
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,225

Doing a "digital" comic with psd files

So my job is setting up the morphing, layering movements, and general audio design.  So I'm working with easily a 100 or so clips.  But it seems that I can only bring them in one at a time to get layer sequencing to work.  AMA has been a no-go and dragging more than one clip at time doesn't do it either.  Are there any batch possibilities?

8.68.2, DNXIO, Avid Artist Color, Symphony, Mac Tower, 2.7 GHz 12 Core Intel Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 11 2016 6:57 PM In reply to

• JoelGriffen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 12 2009
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 53
    • Points 645

Re: Doing a "digital" comic with psd files

I sometimes edit animatics so I am really familiar working with layered PSDs in Avid. I have no problems importing large batches of PSDs into avid all at once. I pre-set my media creation and import settings and then just drag a batch of them from the finder level into an Avid Bin. I've never had it only import one. Does it error out? What is the prompt? Here are a few other shot in the dark quetsions. -->Are they really really big files? Do you use a 3rd party I/O breakout card? (I've found that certin I/O card driver version combos can interfer with import/export.) You are on 8.5 yes? Did it do this before you upgraded? I am on 8.4 for the record. 

Lets figure this out cause I can't have this happen to me! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller