Latest post Sat, Jan 30 2016 2:01 AM by jb234. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:30 PM

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 76
    • Points 900

Sub clipped groups won't open in source window.

I get this error.  MonPane::SetComposition(): Internal error occurred trying to load composition into the monitor. See the console for more information.

The console basically just lists all the clips.  The avid created mutligroup of the entire day plays and can be edited into a timeline no problem, but when I make subclips of the group to extract scenes they can't be opened in the source monitor or dragged and dropped into a timeline.  Some subclips function fine, but others don't.  Its two Sony FS7 cameras with additional field audio, nothing crazy.  I'm on Avid 8.4.5    But the files were orginally grouped in 8.2.0 is this the cause of the problem.  I saw people that got this error message with a slighly different problem, but have not seen any solutions. 
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:38 PM In reply to

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 900

Re: Sub clipped groups won't open in source window.

UPDATE.  If I remake the multigroup with the smaller sample of the area I want to subclip I get the error.  I'm gong to go back to an earlier version of Avid and see if that fixes the problem.  

• Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:43 PM In reply to

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 900

Also every one of the little groups generated when making the multigroup plays fine.  

• Thu, Jan 28 2016 9:55 PM In reply to

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 900

Sorry for the piece meal updates.  

I've isolated the problem to the field audio.  When trying to group just the field audio  I get the error:  All the clips do not have common timecode.  

All the clips are 23.98.  I've reconsolidated, retranscoded, modified the drop and non drop of the master clip (I thought 23.98 had to be non-drop) and same error message.  I can do this with source TC or with AUX TC I get the same result.   For that matter all the subclips in this particular section I'm testing are from the same master audio clip.   How can an imported clip have different timecode within itself?

• Thu, Jan 28 2016 11:03 PM In reply to

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 900

Its not isolated to the audio files.  Disregard that comment.  An additional issue I'm having is that I can make a mutligroup and it makes the group, but it only makes one clip.  The duration may say its a 17 minute long multi group, but in reality its only 1minute and change.  I can skip this clip and the rest of it works fine.  So now I'm reduced to going through and narrowing down corrupt clips.  There of course are thousands of them.  

Also multi groups that start and or end with audio only won't display TC in the start/end columns of the bin. 

Still can't wrap my head around how the 6 hour group works fine but a 17 minute sub group from within that group doesn't.  

• Fri, Jan 29 2016 1:15 AM In reply to

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 900

I back installed to 8.2 no luck.  I did however discover I may have been down the wrong path.  It now seem like the issue is you cannot make a subclip of a group with a different number of audio tracks. So if the field audio cuts out in the middle of the scene, it must be broken apart into multiple sections before, after and during the break.  this was not an issue in versions 6 or 7.  

• Sat, Jan 30 2016 2:01 AM In reply to

• jb234
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 76
    • Points 900

Also redoing all of the subclips from scratch does not fix this problem.   Still can't believe no one has chimed in.  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller