Latest post Tue, Jan 26 2016 3:28 PM by Vasja. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 25 2016 10:42 PM

• Vasja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 24 2013
    • Posts 17
    • Points 195

Alert Message: "Segmentation Fault" in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0.

Hey, I am working on 72 min documentary project. I came to 5 min. and I have this alert Alert Message: "Segmentation Fault" in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0.  media composer crashes. I can't open the project anymore...what can I do? I had no problem till now with crashes or errors. Using OS El capitan on Macbook pro mid 2015 max. config. and MC7.

I need to get in to the project there was a lot of work preparing the footage and bins. 

thx.

Vasja

Late 2012, iMac i7, 3,4 MHZ, 32 mb RAM, 1TB fusion drive, NVIDIA Geforce GTX680MX 2GB GDDR5, External disk G-RAID 4T Thunderbolt, picture control NEC... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Jan 25 2016 11:30 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York / Knoxville, TN
    • Posts 753
    • Points 8,890

Re: Alert Message: "Segmentation Fault" in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0.

Mid-2010 Mac Pro • 2018 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]

isaact.co | Twitter | Instagram | Vimeo

Writer: The Frame.io WORKFLOW Guide - http://workflow.frame.io/

Post Workflow Consultant - https://isaact.co/

• Tue, Jan 26 2016 12:41 AM In reply to

• Vasja
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 17
    • Points 195

Re: Alert Message: "Segmentation Fault" in thread "Main Thread", at address 0x0.

I know...but this thread is to bigggg....I cant even get in to the project. It crashes. I was using it for two-three months without problems with El Capitan. It has to be other problem. Not able to open the project is a bit to far...

Late 2012, iMac i7, 3,4 MHZ, 32 mb RAM, 1TB fusion drive, NVIDIA Geforce GTX680MX 2GB GDDR5, External disk G-RAID 4T Thunderbolt, picture control NEC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 26 2016 2:19 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,918
    • Points 21,175
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Vasja,

Vasja:
    I know...but this thread is to bigggg....I cant even get in to the project. It crashes. I was using it for two-three months without problems with El Capitan. It has to be other problem. Not able to open the project is a bit to far...

There might be a problem with one of the bins, in Windows you can hold down the ALT key while project is loading, this will keep all the bins closed on start-up, not sure of the equivalent keys in Mac. The post might not get attention because of the unsupported environment. 

Good luck,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 26 2016 3:28 PM In reply to

• Vasja
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 17
    • Points 195

Hay Ralph,

I have located the "problem"...The reinstallment of the MC7 didn't help so I found with a bit of luck that the bin where audio was located was the problem. I relocated the audio so that he can not link to it and the Project opened. I deleted the audio media mostly the narrator rought draft for checking how it plays with the video. Voice was recorded it in Quick time with Macbook pro inner microphone. I deleted also the bin with jpeg pictures of different size because this is what I was doing when it crashed. When ever I tried to open the project he started to load bins and when he came to audio it crashed. 

Let‘s see if it lasts...but I still dont know what was the couse...corrupeted file, bad audio...or just a bug?

Vasja

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller