Latest post Tue, Jan 19 2016 8:54 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 14 2016 4:35 AM

• DylanReeve
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 1,680
    • Points 20,460
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Unable to Consolidate older seq in 8.4.5 - destBitDepth > 0

Hi All, 

I encountered an error with 8.4.5 (it was the first 8.x version I'd upgraded this system too from 7.0.4) which I thought I would share because I tracked it down after a long time!

I was consolidating finished sequences (that had been finished in MC7) and they would fail with an error:

Assertion failed: destBitDepth > 0
    File: ..\..\src\ColorManagement\ColorSpaceDescriptor.cpp, Line: 365

Unfortinately neither the error nor the Console offered any hint as to the specific clip at fault... But after much trial and error I discovered it was a title!

I don't know, ultimately, which software version was used to create the Title Media in question, as it's a common element that's been in use through a number of versions, but simply marking around the entire timeline and re-creating the Title Media was enough to solve the issue (Clip -> Recreate Title Media). 

Hopefully if anyone else comes across this issue then this post will show up in the search results. 

Various systems - including HP Z440 and Z840 workstations Media Composer 2018 [view my complete system specs]

Dylan Reeve - Edit Geek // Online/Offline Editor // Post Production Supervisor
    Auckland, New Zealand

• Tue, Jan 19 2016 8:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,619
    • Points 223,340
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Unable to Consolidate older seq in 8.4.5 - destBitDepth > 0

Dylan

I am going to create a Knowledge Base article

thanks for the scoopola

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller