Latest post Tue, Dec 22 2015 9:29 AM by Kaj Kortsen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 18 2015 3:35 PM

Smooth conforming from DNxHD 36 to 4k RED

Greetings Avid community.

What is the smoothest way to conform from DNxHD 36 to 4k RED files in this particular situation:

1. DIT on set chose to transcode the RED files to DNxHD 36 in Da Vinci Resolve

2. Half of the DNxHD 36 files that was transcoded by the DIT turned corrupt and my assistent then (without knowing that the files were transcoded in Da Vinci in the first place) transcoded the corrupt material to DNxHD 36 in Avid. The usual way: AMA-link and then transcode.

3. Now the edit is done and we have to conform to the original 4k files for grading. So some of the footage is ingested by AMA link to the RED files -> Transcoded to DNxHD in Avid. And some of the footage is ingested by just transferring the transcoded files into "the media management" or the Avid MediaFiles folder of the Avid project.

How would you go about that guys?

Thank you for your time. I hope it is not too confusing.

Best regards and merry christmas.

Filed under: , , ,
  • Sat, Dec 19 2015 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: Smooth conforming from DNxHD 36 to 4k RED

Conform and grade in resolve.

Just send the AAF from Media Composer to resolve. Add all the needed red sources to the Media Library in resolve. Import the AAF and it should link to the red sources. Any clips that don't link just manualkly link them in resolve.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

• Tue, Dec 22 2015 9:29 AM In reply to

Re: Smooth conforming from DNxHD 36 to 4k RED

Pat, your suggestion was sort of a succes. A lot of clips had to be linked manually but it was way smoother than what i expected.

I want to thank you for your contribution to this forum and for helping a lot of people.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller