Latest post Tue, Feb 23 2016 3:05 AM by ajrnz. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 23 2015 6:15 PM

File "???" Not Found

I have run into this error when trying to quit out of MC and I was wondering if any one else has seen this?

This does not crash the system, and you can just click "OK" save your bins and force quit MC..

This happens randomly and it is hard to pin down what exactly is related to or to recreate the error on purpose..

This is a new setup with a cylindar macpro running 10.9.5 and MC 8.4.1 on ISIS 4.7.4

Thanks

BTW the "???" is exactly how the error reads, there is no file name

• Fri, Oct 23 2015 8:08 PM In reply to

Re: File "???" Not Found

Hi.

I suspect corrupt files.  I would delete pmr and mdb files and delete all MCState files/restart the computer.

cv

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

Christian Jhonson

Avid Ambassador                                 

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Mon, Oct 26 2015 2:51 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,223
    • Points 24,605
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

boomsonicavid:

I have run into this error when trying to quit out of MC and I was wondering if any one else has seen this?

This does not crash the system, and you can just click "OK" save your bins and force quit MC..

This happens randomly and it is hard to pin down what exactly is related to or to recreate the error on purpose..

This is a new setup with a cylindar macpro running 10.9.5 and MC 8.4.1 on ISIS 4.7.4

Thanks

BTW the "???" is exactly how the error reads, there is no file name

Hello boomsonicavid,

Maybe your expereincing delay or bandwith issue with your ISIS 4.7.4 just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 23 2016 5:29 PM In reply to

• blindpew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 5 2011
    • Posts 45
    • Points 485

I had the same behaviour with a MC 8.4.2 system. Noticed that in my "Other Bins" folder in the project window, one of the bins listed had somehow lost its project name. Instead of the project name off to the right, it just showed "???". I deleted the bin and all was well.

freelance - hence many and various... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 26 2016 9:08 PM In reply to

I've had the same issue and same solution with 8.4.3. (Deleting the "???" bin in "Other Bins")

It seems to occur if one opens a bin from a project other than his or her current project, then that same bin is subsequently moved - perhaps to a folder. 

Avid MC v 6.0.3.3, 2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS 10.7.2 Isis v 4.0.0.5500 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 23 2016 3:05 AM In reply to

• ajrnz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 9 2012
    • Posts 57
    • Points 730

Thanks Nathaniel G,

This was the soultion for me, I had left a Media tool window open (behind a few others) and was getting this message, it seems to close all bins not associated directly with the project your using should fix it.

Andrew

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller