Latest post Mon, Sep 14 2015 11:10 PM by usatraveler. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 14 2015 10:30 PM

Importing mov files into Avid

Hi all -

I have a lot of Canon footage which I thought I could AMA link into my project. The footage opens in QT - H264, 1920 x 1080 16 bit, 23.98 FPS, no problems. When I try to AMA link it in using the Auto detect AMA plugin I get Avid Editor Services are not Running. Please start Services from the Avid Editor Services Manager and if I continue  I get Invalid file name. HELP! I tried converting to mp4 and then importing which worked but took a long time. PLease, guys and gals there must be something I am missing or a workflow. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lise

PS I did update my system

• Mon, Sep 14 2015 11:10 PM In reply to

Re: Importing mov files into Avid

Invalid file name - do the files themselves, OR ANY FOLDER in the entire path to that file, have any characters such as slashes or anything else aside from numbers, letters, underscores, and dashes that might be a problem?  Again, any folder in the path to the file can cause that, even if it's multiple layers up.

If so, rename that file or folder and try again.

Which version of Media Composer, what kind of computer, and which operating system?  Please note that this forum "Media Composer | First" is actually for a different product by that name - and any questions about Media Composer should go in the Mac or PC forum.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller