Latest post Sat, Apr 14 2018 11:00 PM by Fernando Sancho. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 1 2016 2:32 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,018
    • Points 22,310
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: I can't activate media composer

Hello HandyGeek,

HandyGeek:

I'm having the same trouble. I have a perpetual license (non-dongle) and the application manage shows that MC is activated, but when I launch MC, I get prompted to activate. I don't get it. If one app shows MC as activated, should that not be the case? 

Normally when it's activated it shouldn't prompt you to activate MC again. I'm monitoring this weird behavior of the AppMan. Let me know if you run into this issue again.

Regards,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jul 2 2016 10:06 AM In reply to

• Triangular
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Aug 2 2014
    • Posts 5
    • Points 95

I have just updated to MC 8.6 and am having exactly the same problem that you describe. I have tried your 'fix' several times without success. I am unable to find a solution to this problem and the moderator on this forum seem to have desserted the forum - Is there another solution yet?

• Sat, Jul 2 2016 2:15 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,018
    • Points 22,310
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Triangular,

Let's reset the AppMan first.

Reset Application Manager For Mac.

1. Quit Application Manager from its menu-bar icon at the top of the screen. 

a. Go to MacHD > Applications >Utilites > and open 'Activity Monitor'. 

b. In the activity monitor interface, select the Process Name ‘AvidAppManHelper’ from the column on the left-hand side, Then click the ‘X’ button at the top left to quit the process. 

You should no longer have any ‘Avid Application Manager’ related processes in the ‘Process Name’ column of Activity Monitor. 

2. Delete the following folders:

HD/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Cache

HD/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Db

HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Licenses

3. Now once again go to Go to MacHD > Applications > Avid > Application Manager, but this time, double-click on the ‘AvidAppManHelper.app’ file and wait for it to appear in Activity Monitor’s Process list to ensure it’s started. 

4. Restart Machine and launch AvidApplicationManager.app and then re-enter my Activation code and my System ID.

Reset Application Manager Windows

Stop the following applications in "Task Manager":

- AvidApplicationManager.exe
    - AvidAppManHelper.exe

Delete the following folders:
    - C:\ProgramData\Avid\AppManager\Cache
    - C:\ProgramData\Avid\AppManager\Db
    - C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses

Restart computer and launch AvidApplicationManager and then re-enter my Activation code and my System ID.

Resetting Appman does not help pm your systems ID and Avid master account email.

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 3 2016 11:37 AM In reply to

• Triangular
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 95

Thank you for your reply. I have now tried your suggestions for windows pc and there is no change. I have exactly the same problem - MC8.6 will not activate. I have pm'd you the information you requested.

• Thu, Jul 7 2016 3:53 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,018
    • Points 22,310
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Triangular, 

I realized this is a few days ago. However, I did not get any pm. Email me directly raff.condalor@avid.com

Regards,

Ralph

• Mon, Jul 11 2016 12:31 PM In reply to

• Triangular
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 95

Hello Ralph,

I sent an email to the address you posted. I have since resolved the issue without your help! I received no reply from my request for help to avid support. So will not be updating my subscription to avid support.

How did I resolve the issue? Magically. I found a post on the forum by Marianna who explained how to activate MC offline. I followed her suggestions without success. I repeated her suggestion - again without success. So then I tried activation online but still without success. When I tried activation online a second time it worked - magic!

Thanks for replying.

Regards

Triangular

• Thu, Jul 28 2016 7:37 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Posts 2,018
    • Points 22,310
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Triangular:

Hello Ralph,

I sent an email to the address you posted. I have since resolved the issue without your help! I received no reply from my request for help to avid support. So will not be updating my subscription to avid support.

How did I resolve the issue? Magically. I found a post on the forum by Marianna who explained how to activate MC offline. I followed her suggestions without success. I repeated her suggestion - again without success. So then I tried activation online but still without success. When I tried activation online a second time it worked - magic!

Thanks for replying.

Regards

Triangular

Glad it's all sort out.

Regards, 

Ralph

• Thu, Jul 28 2016 8:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Traingluar

When did you contact support? '

Phone or Portal?  

Since we are so responsive I want to see where the breakdown was.....  Please let me know so I can trace back.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Oct 8 2017 2:34 AM In reply to

Hi Ralph,

I'm having this issue today. It is saying that I have multiple subscriptions on my account but when I check it there is only 1 and it says active but it won't let me launch avid.

Please help. I'm in a real bind with so much work to do and unfortunatley we can't get adequate accounts support on the phone from Australia due to the time difference with the US.\

Thank you in advance

• Sun, Oct 8 2017 8:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,820
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

email me off forum.

include SID

My Avid email

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Apr 12 2018 11:39 AM In reply to

• Noggin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 12 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hi all. I have a similar problem with MC8.2.

Old MacbookPro died suddenly but Migration assistant transfreed from old HD to new MacbookPro. On launching MC though I get taken to application manager and back to activation screen. Status in application manager is  - activated / permanent.

Thought I'd try and deactivate but get - Failed Deactivation: 0 Deactivation OK. No record of this device was found.

Would you recomend uninstall and reinstall or alternative?

all the best 

• Sat, Apr 14 2018 11:00 PM In reply to

I have the same problem here... i tried all of the above while waiting someone at avid to respond a case I opened more than an hour ago and still no response...

im with a very tight deadline and can’t continue my editing since this corrupted my whole media composer installation... now I can’t even go back to trial mode... 

which makes mes you wonder, why spend so much money in a software for a support contract that is not responding ...

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller