Latest post Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:54 AM by S.Clements. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 17 2015 2:02 PM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Can't create EDL that I can relink back to

Hi,

I have always had troubles relinking in Avid.

In this case, I edited in a 2K timeline, using UHD DNxHR LB proxies.  After my cut was done, I deleted all tracks but one video track, deleted all effects from the clips, went to the list tool and tried making CMX_3600 and File_32 EDLs.  However, when I would bring the EDLs back into Avid, I could simply not relink to any of the footage.  I don't understand this.  There is information in the tape column, which is usually the culprit for Avid's relinking issues.  I tried every combination of options I could think of, but just couldn't link back.  How do I relink?  

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Aug 17 2015 2:46 PM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Re: Can't create EDL that I can relink back to

Got it working.  I think I had handles set for the EDL and figured out you can't conform the EDL if you have handles set in the EDL "List Options" tab.  I don't have a huge amount of experience outputting old fashioned EDLs.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Aug 17 2015 3:31 PM In reply to

Depends on your definition of conform. It it is being used as a pull list conform, then it should. Once exported, the EDL is an EDL, no indication that it handles or not although a comment as to handle number as comment be added was requested during beta.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:54 AM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Avid actually says something like "this EDL can not be conformed with handles" when you go to make an EDL with handles. When I made the EDL with the default 50 frame handles, I couldn't relink any footage to it at all.  When I set the handles to 0, I was able to relink footage to the EDL.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller