Latest post Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:47 PM by hwilliams. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 4 2015 2:51 PM

• hwilliams
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 12 2014
    • Posts 20
    • Points 275

Searching for recently modified assets

I have customers using Interplay MAM 4.x and 5.x using the Integration web services.

I'm trying to use the Integration web service to find assets modified since a given date.

I have two questions...

1. Is there a way to use the ISQuery web service operation to filter my results to a date range?

2. I intended to use the MODIFICATION_DATETIME attribute since it's called out in the docs (AXF Reference under "Attribute Names with Defined Semantics"). However, one of my customers doesn't seem to have this field when I call ISGetObjectDetails and when I explicitly ask for the MODIFICATION_DATETIME attribute, it always comes back empty. Is it possible for the MODIFICATION_DATETIME field to be "turned off" or something?

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 3:01 PM In reply to

• hwilliams
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 275

Re: Searching for recently modified assets

Actually, let me amend the second point regarding the ISGetMetadata results: When I just ask for the MODIFICATION_TIMESTAMP field, it comes back blank... but I also get all the other attributes, just as if I called ISGetObjectDetails.

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:28 PM In reply to

• akuehlme
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 11 2012
    • Posts 15
    • Points 155
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Regarding ISQuery: Yes, you can use ranges for date and date/time attributes. Here's an example that returns all objects of classes AUDIO and VIDEO that have a MODIFICATION_DATETIME value between Jan 1, 2015 and Aug 8, 2015:

<AXFRoot>
      <MAObject type="DMQuery" mdclass="DMQuery">
        <GUID dmname="">SimpleSearch</GUID>
        <Meta name="MAXHITS" format="string">25</Meta>
        <Meta name="OBJECTCLASSES" format="string">VIDEO,AUDIO</Meta>
        <Meta name="HITLISTID" format="string">Clips</Meta>
        <Meta name="FIRSTHIT" format="string">0</Meta>
      </MAObject>
      <MAObject type="AttributeSearch" mdclass="AttributeSearch">
        <GUID dmname="" />
        <Ref mdclass="DMQuery" name="QUERY">SimpleSearch</Ref>
        <Meta name="ATTRIBUTE" format="string">MODIFICATION_DATETIME</Meta>
        <Meta name="GROUP" format="string">1</Meta>
        <Meta name="SEARCHSTRING" format="string">20150101 - 20150804</Meta>
      </MAObject>
    </AXFRoot>
    The search string consists of:
    <begin of range> - <end of range>

with spaces left and right of the dash. Begin and end of range are given here in the short format: YYYYMMDD (YYYY=year, MM=month, DD=day), which includes the entire day. For date/time attributes you can also use YYYYMMDDhhmmss (hh=hours in 24h format, mm=minutes, ss=seconds) as format to restrict to a time within the day.

More information about the query format can be found in the Search Syntax reference document (InterplayMAM_SearchSyntax.pdf), which is delivered with the software in the "Documentation/Reference" folder.

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:36 PM In reply to

• hwilliams
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 275

Fantastic, thanks!

Regarding the other issue -- where my customer's assets don't have MODIFICATION_DATETIME attributes -- what might cause those attributes to be absent?

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:43 PM In reply to

• akuehlme
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 11 2012
    • Posts 15
    • Points 155
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Regarding the MODIFICATION_DATETIME attribute:

The attribute has a well-defined meaning and is automatically filled by MAM (more precise: by DataManagerWS). However, up to MAM 5.1 the attribute was not mandatory. In other words. you can remove it or unassign it from an object or EDL class, which effectively turns it off. Of course, then you can't fetch a value for the attribute because it is not available for the class. If you explicitly ask for it, you get an empty string.

In MAM 5.2 we made that attribute mandatory.

Regarding the effect that you get all the attributes: When you call ISGetMetadata with a non-existing attribute (more precise: a list that consists only of attributes that don't exist or are not assigned to the object class), the method behaves as when called with an empty list of attributes. In this case it returns all attributes, similar to the ISGetObjectDetails method. The API is supposed to be rather fault-tolerant, so it usually ignores unknown things.

• Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:47 PM In reply to

• hwilliams
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 20
    • Points 275

Thank you very much! That clears things up nicely.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller