Latest post Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:57 AM by mrtrees. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 30 2015 4:09 PM

• mrtrees
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 8 2006
    • London
    • Posts 301
    • Points 4,070

Arriraw Support

Who else thinks that there should be support foir Arriraw and Phantom within MC 8.4?

I mean free support, not paid for, ie gluetools or the like.

Its about time Avid looked at this isnt it

MC 2018.7.1/OSX 10.13.5/AJA IO4K/Nexis Client 7.10/ISIS server 4.7.11 Mac Pro 3GHZ 8 Core Intel Xon E5/32GB ISIS 5000 sys director/ 2 x 32 TB expansion... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jul 30 2015 7:00 PM In reply to

Re: Arriraw Support

Avid’s strategy is to offer AMA architecture to camera manufacturers so that they would not have to play catch up with all the different camera codecs on the market today. And while that works well in many cases, when it does not, then the only recourse is a paid version by a third part developer. ARRI develops an AMA plug-in for MXF wrapped DNxHD that uses their plug-in to not only stream picture and sound, but the metadata as well (including embedded LUTs as with the Amira). But, ARRI has not, and for whatever reason will not develop one for their own RAW format. Perhaps that will change in the future, but that is how it is now. So third party developers step in and offer a solution, but their only skin in the game is the development itself, so they charge for their efforts. That is only fair. The same can be said of Sony XAVC-S. I would also add DNG to that list. Blackmagic could develop an AMA plug-in, but they don’t. Seeing as DNG is an open format, perhaps it is expected that AVID develop the plug-in.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 31 2015 10:57 AM In reply to

• mrtrees
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 8 2006
    • London
    • Posts 301
    • Points 4,070

Re: Arriraw Support

Thanks for your reply Job

I hear what your saying.

MC 2018.7.1/OSX 10.13.5/AJA IO4K/Nexis Client 7.10/ISIS server 4.7.11 Mac Pro 3GHZ 8 Core Intel Xon E5/32GB ISIS 5000 sys director/ 2 x 32 TB expansion... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller